ICG Action Items for this year - monthly reminder

Anne Davenport

Jun 8, 2024, 9:57:15 AMJun 8
to ICG Board Online Meeting
I thought about tacking this onto the Monthly Check-In, but that just made it too long.

This is the link to the Action Items that are in our files and were generated from the last BoD Meeting --- all those things we want to either work on or get done in the year before the 2025 Bod meeting.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1APD7UhLGK111VlUVjOgfEvZh8rtszsiSq2yS-GxOkOc/edit

And this *is* and editable document -- I added one for myself at the end.  Things that get done can be marked as done.

Highlights are:

Action Item (as of 8-June-2024
  • Update on Check-in (by Recording Secretary) procedure using google workspace tools.
  • LJ send out cleaner version of governing docs to other Governing Documents committee members. Committee members are: Leslie Johnston, Anne Davenport, Betsy Marks, Carole Parker, Kevin Roche, Jeanine Swick
  • Add possible consolidation of Recording and Corresponding Secretaries to governing documents
  • Present updated governing documents for ICG to membership for review/approval
  • Vote on revised governing documents, 2025
  • The Masquerade Handbook project: archive original and re-issue the Masquerade Handbook; all permissions have been granted by anyone who contributed.
  • Reach out to members of disbanded chapters to see if they wish to rejoin ICG.
  • Archives: Continue archiving backlog of photos and videos. Archives Committee – Bruce Mai, Nora Mai, Pierre Pettinger
  • Archives: Recruit a social media for the Archives
  • Archives: ArchiveCon 3 (small working group), St. Louis MO.
  • Bring up at Publications meeting -- publication platforms have gotten more automated – how to use for ICG pubs and documents.
  • Press the switch on google workspace for members to send input to Documents Committee.
  • Add new chapters (Maryland Costumers and Cosplayers, Western Pennsylvania Haunted Cosplay Guild) to Check-in list.
  • Recruit Communications and Public Relations Committee Chairs (and members)
  • VP LJ, send Recording Secretary update on things VP needs to do for inclusion in Action List.
  • Feature in ICG Blog about Marty Gear Fund. Encourage more applications.
  • President re-appoints committee chairs. (annual)
  • Secretary writes up and uploads to google workspace the 2024 BoD meeting minutes

Anne Davenport

Jun 8, 2024, 9:59:06 AMJun 8
to ICG Board Online Meeting, Anne Davenport
Oh, and I forgot to add  --  if you edit, be polite and post here about it.

Anne D.

Byron Connell

Jun 8, 2024, 7:15:17 PMJun 8
to ICG Board of Directors
My comments appear below.

Byron

On Jun 8, 2024, at 9:57 AM, Anne Davenport <thedocto...@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

They’re separately authorized in the By-Laws. Refer to Governing Documents committee.

  • Present updated governing documents for ICG to membership for review/approval
  • Vote on revised governing documents, 2025
Changes to the By-Laws require approval by the members. The BoD can approve changes to the Standing Rules.

  • The Masquerade Handbook project: archive original and re-issue the Masquerade Handbook; all permissions have been granted by anyone who contributed.
Parts of the Handbook are seriously obsolete. Reissuing it without updating it would just cause greater confusion among costumers. Right now, the best handbook available is the February 2016 issue of The Virtual Costumer, which was dedicated to ‘“The Art of the Masquerade."

  • Reach out to members of disbanded chapters to see if they wish to rejoin ICG.
  • Archives: Continue archiving backlog of photos and videos. Archives Committee – Bruce Mai, Nora Mai, Pierre Pettinger
This is being done.

  • Archives: Recruit a social media for the Archives
Huh?

  • Archives: ArchiveCon 3 (small working group), St. Louis MO.
Done. Scheduled for the fall

  • Bring up at Publications meeting -- publication platforms have gotten more automated – how to use for ICG pubs and documents.
  • Press the switch on google workspace for members to send input to Documents Committee.
  • Add new chapters (Maryland Costumers and Cosplayers, Western Pennsylvania Haunted Cosplay Guild) to Check-in list.
  • Recruit Communications and Public Relations Committee Chairs (and members)
  • VP LJ, send Recording Secretary update on things VP needs to do for inclusion in Action List.
  • Feature in ICG Blog about Marty Gear Fund. Encourage more applications.
Done by BPC on May 31, 2024.

--
ICG Board of Directors Online Meeting
To post via email, send a message to mee...@board.costume.org

To access as a webforum, visit https://groups.google.com/u/6/a/board.costume.org/g/meeting
(You will need to need to log in with your subscribed account)
---