BLAGO Fund - December 2018 - New Collections

1 view

in...@blagofund.org

Dec 13, 2018, 10:02:40 PM12/13/18
to blag...@blagofund.org
Help us achieve our goals for 2019.

BLAGO Fund continues with the preservation of Serbian culture and heritage

Monastery Gradac

Monastery Gradac is situated on the slopes of Mt. Golija, built in the late XIII century on the ruins of an earlier church. It is an endowment of Queen Jelena Anzujska /Helen Anjou/, the wife of king Uros I (resulting in the gothic architectural influence). The marble sarcophagus of St. Jelena is located in the monastery church.

From our sponsor - ArmedinaUSA

Aronia, Gift Of A Good Health!
Buy And Get A Gift For Your Friend!

For each purchase of our products, Aronia Treasure or Aronia Kids, we will send one free bottle of Aronia Kids to your designated friend. Make them happy and healthy at the same time! Aronia Kids is Siberian Aronia Berry juice mixed with eight different kinds of fruit. Contains 90% of Aronia juice, and made to be potent for all generations, children to elderly.

After the purchase and Facebook like and share of our page, please visit the gift web page (https://armedinausa.com/aronia-gift-of-a-good-health) and enter the information on your purchase and your friend's address. You can share the health, and at the same time help us share the word.

If you missed these developments ...

Velika Hoca, Kosovo
Velika Hoca is a village in the municipality of Orahovac, in Kosovo & Metohija. It is one of the Serb enclaves in Kosovo, and houses some 13 Orthodox church buildings, most of which date to the Serbian Middle Ages. Velika Hoča is situated in the historical region of Metohija and is one of the oldest settlements in Metohija. It was given as metochion by Stefan Nemanja to Hilandar in 1198–99 (Charter of Hilandar).

Lipljan, Kosovo
The church of The Presentation of the Virgin in Lipljan was probably built in the second or third decade of the 14th century, on the foundations of an earlier Byzantine basilica. It was mentioned for the first time in 1331 in one of the King Dusan's charters and was donated in 1336 to Tower (Pirg) of the Ascension in Hilandar. The original church paintings have been dated the middle of the 14th century, and their founder was an unknown landowner whose portrait is painted on the northern wall of the nave.

Temnica, Kosovo
Church in Donji Ajnovci in the vicinity of Kosovska Kamenica, also known as Tamnica (Temnica) was erected in 14th century on the ruins of the earlier Byzantine basilica. Foudation is in the shape of the cross-in-square and probably had a dome. It is built in alternate layers of limestone and brick. As it was it was in ruins for many centuries, only fragments of frescoes have been preserved.

Vaganes, Kosovo
The Church dedicated to the Ascension of the Theotokos (Holy Mother of God), in the vicinity of Novo Brdo, was built in 1354-55. Its founder was Serbian landowner Dabiziv with his brothers Haran and Bogoje, father Kaluger and mother Visnja.

You Can Help

Help us reach our goal for the next year. Many collections are planned, including the Church of Bogorodicia Ljeviska in Prizren, and rare manuscripts from Kosovo monasteries, but it will all depend on the funds available. Our goal is to raise $10,000 in donations that we can match with funds available for this purpose from our long-time patrons and institutions.

News from the Western American Diocese

The Christian Heritage of
Kosovo and Methija

ORTHOPRAX - Experience the Living Church

Copyright 2018 - BLAGO Fund Inc. USA/Serbia  About Us | Donate | Subscribe | Contact