BLAGO Fund, White church of Karan Collection, May 2018

BLAGO Fund

May 23, 2018, 1:19:27 AM5/23/18
to blag...@blagofund.org

BELA CRKVA KARANSKA

Bela Crkva Karanska (The White Church of Karan) is located near the town of Užice, and it is dedicated to the Annunciation of the Holy Virgin. The church was erected during the fourth decade of the 14th century and was soon after adorned with frescoes through the efforts of Župan Petar Brajan – the squire of King Dušan, his wife Struja and their four daughters.

BLAGO Collection of the Karan church is now available for public viewing. Recorded in June of 2017 and completed in March of 2018.

FROM KARAN COLLECTION

http://www.srpskoblago.org/Archives/Karan/Church/Pictures/Nave/The-masonry-sanctuary-screen/IMG_2460.html
Mother of God Tricherousa

St. Sylvester the Pope

Zupan Brajan's daughter

OUR SPONSOR

One cup a day for healthier and more productive life. Aronia berries are recognized for their healing properties: anti-cancer effects, anti-diabetic effects, organ healing, artery and blood vessel health, and many more.
(Use BLAGO discount for additional savings)

FROM OUR USERS

The BLAGO database is an invaluable tool for scholars and I would be extremely grateful if you would consent to give me written permission for use of this material.
-- Dr M. Alessia Rossi. Princeton Univerisity

I got your email address from Carol Myers from St. Nicholas Centre. I found the beautiful Serbian frescos of St. Nicholas’ life on Blago website and I’d like to use them in our upcoming travel / history TV show in Ireland.
-- Anna Pytlowana, Producer RTE, Ireland

FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD
. Elena-Dana Prioteasa, Institute of Archaeology and History of Art in Cluj-Napoca, Romania
. Kaori Kodera, TV researcher of One By One Plus in Tokyo, Japan
. Amy Neff, Professor Emerita of Art History at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville
. Roland Betancourt, Professor of Byzantine art history at the University of California, Irvine
. Michal Gottfreid, The Open University of Israel
. Yoanna Tsvetanova, Paris X University, France

NEWS FROM BLAGO

BLAGO goes to Mileseva. Again …
In March of 2018 the BLAGO team went again to Monastery Mileseva. As our current collection of Mileseva was created in year 2000, a refresh was in order for larger and better photographs.

On the picture (left to right): Nenad, Jelena, Meda, Gordana, and Zoran

BLAGO featured in POLITIKA
On Jan 3rd, an article on BLAGO Fund activities appeared in the largest Serbian newspaper, POLITIKA. You can read the full article here. At the same time, POLITIKA used pictures from the BLAGO collection for its yearly calendar.

BLAGO and Ministry of Culture
While working in Mileseva, the BLAGO team met with Dejan Maslikovic, PhD, the Deputy minister of culture, and will work with the ministry and other national institutions to add its collections into the Serbian National archive of cultural heritage.

UPCOMING DESTINATION

Church of Arilje

June 2018
The Church of St. Achillius, or the Arilje Monastery (манастир Ариље) is a Serbian Orthodox Church in Arilje and it is dedicated to Saint Achillius of Larissa. The church was built in 1296 by Serbian King Stefan Dragutin of the Nemanjic dynasty.

We are actively seeking donatoons for this project.

Copyright 2018 - BLAGO Fund, Inc., USA/Serbia About Us | Donate | Subscribe | Contact