ezCAN wonderwheel conflicts?

dou...@gmail.com

Dec 18, 2019, 11:05:33 PM12/18/19
to WunderLINQ Users Group
Here is a question, I am wondering if there is any conflict issues with the ezCAN bus, which I run on my bike.

I was reading up on some of the WunderLINQ functions and I saw where a long left and right WonderWheel acts as the enter/select key.

Reason I mention this is that a three second right hold puts ezCAN's aux lights into a brighten/dim function with the WonderWheel.

Is anyone using the ezCAN and notice any problems?

rici...@gmail.com

Jan 3, 2020, 4:15:23 AM1/3/20
to WunderLINQ Users Group, dou...@gmail.com
YES i have this problem too.  I tried using iOS to decrease the "Long Press" time in "Switches" to 1 sec and then 1.5 sec, but to no avail.  Anyone else with this issue?  If not, is there anything I can do to help find or test a workaround?
thanks

dgah...@dgahagan.org

Apr 14, 2020, 5:06:06 PM4/14/20
to WunderLINQ Users Group, dou...@gmail.com
Same problem for me with the Denali Cansmart, which appears to be an OEM'ed version of the EZCan.  I noticed the EzCan software as an adjustment for how long the long hold is, but I haven't dragged the computer out to the bike yet to test.  I'll follow up if I learn anything useful.

Sho Yeh

Mar 8, 2022, 8:01:21 AM3/8/22
to WunderLINQ Users Group, dgah...@dgahagan.org, dou...@gmail.com
Following this thread… any solutions? Appreciated.

Geoff Murray

Mar 10, 2022, 5:11:22 AM3/10/22
to WunderLINQ Users Group, Sho Yeh, dgah...@dgahagan.org, dou...@gmail.com
The Wonderwheel dims the auxiliary lights on circuit one if pushed to the left. It's really only a conflict with the WunderLINQ if you have lights wired to circuit two (which requires a long push to the right). I have mine wired to circuit one (long left push) so can still access the Cansmart dimming feature without affecting the WunderLINQ pages at all as a long left push is only necessary to exit mapping and that can be reduced by altering the setting in HW settings sensitivity. Mine was originally set to 17 but I have adjusted it down to 5 and it only requires a fairly short push to enter and exit mapping (OSMAnd).

Sho Yeh

Mar 10, 2022, 8:31:24 AM3/10/22
to Geoff Murray, WunderLINQ Users Group, dgah...@dgahagan.org, dou...@gmail.com
Great info, mine are wired as circuit one. I assumed there is no conflict. Also turn on the full keyboard support to utilize extra functions.
The sensitivity setting.. what is the number referring to? I got mine set at 15 now.

Sho Yeh
Sent from my iPad

On Mar 10, 2022, at 19:11, Geoff Murray <geoffmurr...@gmail.com> wrote:

The Wonderwheel dims the auxiliary lights on circuit one if pushed to the left. It's really only a conflict with the WunderLINQ if you have lights wired to circuit two (which requires a long push to the right). I have mine wired to circuit one (long left push) so can still access the Cansmart dimming feature without affecting the WunderLINQ pages at all as a long left push is only necessary to exit mapping and that can be reduced by altering the setting in HW settings sensitivity. Mine was originally set to 17 but I have adjusted it down to 5 and it only requires a fairly short push to enter and exit mapping (OSMAnd).

Geoff Murray

Mar 10, 2022, 9:29:12 PM3/10/22
to WunderLINQ Users Group, Sho Yeh, WunderLINQ Users Group, dgah...@dgahagan.org, dou...@gmail.com, Geoff Murray
I think the sensitivity setting just changes how long the long press needs to be.