Android and iPhone compatability

Jeff Mundt

May 7, 2022, 12:39:55 PM5/7/22
to WunderLINQ Users Group
Has anyone done this?

This might be a crazy question, but I am thinking I want a dedicated screen on the bike, and not have to connect my phone every time.  I also realized that the OBDLink-LX I carry with me only works with Android and Google operating systems, luckily I have a Google ChromeBook that can run the MotoScan software, but my iPhone won't. So unless I bring the computer with me when I am out on the bike, I can't access any of the OBD diagnostics.  Getting back to the dedicated screen, I have seen inexpensive 7" tablets, that seemingly would make great navigation screens and digital dashboards.  The details of one is below and can be purchased at Walmart for $49.
  • 7" HD IPS Touchscreen Display
  • Android 10 Go Edition with Google Play
  • 2MP Front & 2MP Rear Cameras
  • 2GB RAM/16GB Storage (expandable with microSD)
  • Quad-Core Processor
  • Ports Included: USB Type-C, microSD, Headphone
so here is the question, can I purchase this cheap "screen", run the WunderLINQ software, and bluetooth to the WunderLINQ device?  In addition I want it to wifi access the iPhone I will now carry in my pocket and use as a hotspot for internet connectivity, in addition to being my phone and music device I will pipe through my Sena 10R.  Sounds like lots of opportunity for connection difficulties.  Thoughts?

Support

May 17, 2022, 3:55:22 PM5/17/22
to Jeff Mundt, WunderLINQ Users Group
Hi Jeff,

The attached specs look like you should be OK to work with the WunderLINQ.