Why task switcher support was removed?

Junichi Kawaura

Aug 2, 2022, 10:01:17 PM8/2/22
to WunderLINQ Users Group
Hi,

Experimental function of Android task switcher support seems to be removed from App v2.32 and later.

Why this should be removed?

Is there any alternative method to invoke and control task switcher from WL?
Assigning Alt+Tab couldn't be adequate answer, since one should hold Alt and hit Tab several time to switch tasks, and WunderLINQ can not simulate this 'holding a modifier key' operation.

Thanks in advance.
---
WunderLINQ FW v2.1
WunderLINQ App v2.31
OPPO Reno 5 A (ColorOS12 = Android v12)
BMW Motorrad R1200R LC (K53)

Tony Rosselli

Sep 24, 2022, 7:31:01 PM9/24/22
to WunderLINQ Users Group
I am having the same issue. Cannot return to the Wonderlinq screens from my navagation app.
Version 2.36 the Task Switcher setting is gone.

Junichi Kawaura

Sep 24, 2022, 8:45:19 PM9/24/22
to WunderLINQ Users Group, Tony Rosselli
Hi Tony

My former post was wrong.
Assigning Alt+Tab works perfect for task switching for me.

I assigned Alt+Tab to indicator cancel long press.
And wheel right long press is Enter as default.

By long pressing indicator cancel, Android screen changes to task switcher.
Moving around task thumbnails with wheel right and left push, and select one by wheel right long press.

wish these helps.
---
WunderLINQ FW v2.1
WunderLINQ App v2.36

OPPO Reno 5 A (ColorOS12 = Android v12)
BMW Motorrad R1200R LC (K53)

2022年9月25日日曜日 8:31:01 UTC+9 Tony Rosselli:

Tony Rosselli

Oct 12, 2022, 11:26:36 AM10/12/22
to WunderLINQ Users Group, Junichi Kawaura, Tony Rosselli
How did you assign ALT+TAB?
I dont see it in the list of available hardware settings.

Junichi Kawaura

Oct 12, 2022, 6:15:48 PM10/12/22
to WunderLINQ Users Group, Tony Rosselli, Junichi Kawaura
Hi Tony.

There are three rows for each key assign seetting screen.
The third row is for key modifier.
In this case, you can set Alt for key modifier.
I assigned Standard, Keyboard Tab, and Alt for Signal Cancel Long Press.
---
WunderLINQ FW v2.1
WunderLINQ App v2.36
OPPO Reno 5 A (ColorOS12 = Android v12)
BMW Motorrad R1200R LC (K53)

2022年10月13日木曜日 0:26:36 UTC+9 Tony Rosselli:

Tony Rosselli

Oct 13, 2022, 11:15:27 AM10/13/22
to WunderLINQ Users Group, Junichi Kawaura, Tony Rosselli
Junichi,
Thanks for replying. I figured this out yesterday, but  now my unit will not accept any changes.
Frustrating to say the least. Still working on it.

Tony