Wunderlinq connections

Simon L

Sep 24, 2021, 5:02:12 AM9/24/21
to WunderLINQ Users Group
Hi, I’m about to purchase the new Wunderlink through the UK supplier and have a couple of questions:
1. Does the unit draw its power from my BMW nav 5/6 cradle?
2. What else is the cradle connection for, ie. other than just power?
3. My supplier only offers the magnet connector, (though I’m looking at other options). Have users found this magnet safe and ok for the phone? And as a secure holding mechanism?
Many thanks.

Support

Sep 24, 2021, 11:23:28 AM9/24/21
to Simon L, WunderLINQ Users Group
Hi Simon,

See my answers below.

On Fri, Sep 24, 2021 at 3:02 AM Simon L <tret...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, I’m about to purchase the new Wunderlink through the UK supplier and have a couple of questions:
1. Does the unit draw its power from my BMW nav 5/6 cradle?
Yes it does
2. What else is the cradle connection for, ie. other than just power?
Just power, all communication happens over Bluetooth
3. My supplier only offers the magnet connector, (though I’m looking at other options). Have users found this magnet safe and ok for the phone? And as a secure holding mechanism?
I'll let others chime in, but I use my magnetic mount full time on my 1200GS, on rough surfaces even.

Thanks,

Simon L

Sep 24, 2021, 12:04:23 PM9/24/21
to WunderLINQ Users Group, Support, WunderLINQ Users Group, Simon L
Thanks Keith, helpful. My question about the powerful magnet was about whether it has any effect on the phone?

Paul W

Sep 28, 2021, 9:54:10 AM9/28/21
to WunderLINQ Users Group, Simon L, Support, WunderLINQ Users Group
Hello,

Sorry if this question has been answered. I realize the Wunderlinq communicates with the phone via bluetooth, but does it communicate with the bike via the nav cradle?

Do you have any thoughts to making a version of the Wunderlinq that eliminates the need for the nav cradle altogether? I'm picturing one that has a pigtail which plugs into the harness where the nav cradle did.

Thanks

WunderLINQ Support

Sep 28, 2021, 12:11:45 PM9/28/21
to WunderLINQ Support, Simon L, Support, WunderLINQ Users Group
Hi Simon,

Depending on your phone's magnetic compass placement we have seen interference with that sensor.

Keith

WunderLINQ Support

Sep 28, 2021, 12:13:09 PM9/28/21
to WunderLINQ Support, Paul W, Simon L, Support, WunderLINQ Users Group
Hi Paul,

The WunderLINQ does require the Nav cradle.  Other users have re-routed the Nav cradle with WunderLINQ installed under the seat or in the cowl.

Thanks

Jean-Claude Jacquet

Jan 22, 2023, 5:24:53 PM1/22/23
to WunderLINQ Users Group, Support, WunderLINQ Users Group, Simon L
Only for supply power ?
Not CanBus ?
I am surprise because some BMW haven’t a Bluetooth !

BR

Jean-Claude