Compatibility wunderlinq Samsung galaxy tab active 2

Inigo Zabaleta

Feb 6, 2021, 2:05:25 PM2/6/21
to WunderLINQ Users Group
Hi there,
It is my first intervention in the forum, allow me to introduce myself.
I am Zaba, current owner of a f800gs, with which I have traveled more than 800,000 kms. (yes, eight hundred thousand).
Soon they will give me a f850gsa and I am thinking of putting the Wunderlinq with a Samsung galaxy tab active 2.
At Keith's suggestion I ask about the compatibility between these two products.
Thank you in advance for your response.

Hola,

Es mi primera intervención en el foro, permitanme que me presente.
Soy Zaba, actual poseedor de una f800gs, con la que llevo recorridos mas de 800.000 kms. (si, ochocientos mil).
Proximamente me van a entregar una f850gsa y estoy pensando en ponerle el Wunderlinq con una Samsung galaxy tab active 2.
Por sugerencia de keith pregunto sobre la compatibilidad entre esos dos productos. Gracias anticipadas por su respuesta.

Jim Stinnett

Feb 23, 2021, 11:36:55 PM2/23/21
to WunderLINQ Users Group, Inigo Zabaleta
Inigo, I was just wondering about the Samsung Galaxy 7" Tab A, and if it would work. I have one, but it's not Cellular, so network purposes, I would have to tether it to my Mobile phone. That would be an extra layer of technology, but the phone could live in my pocket or in a tank bag.

This week, I'll install the WunderlinQ app and see if it works, with or without network support.

800,000kms, on the Same Machine? How many clutches is that? And my butt (culo) would be very sore.

Recomiendo pantalones cortos de bicicleta para evitar el trasero de mono.

Martin Higgins

Jul 11, 2021, 4:52:14 PM7/11/21
to WunderLINQ Users Group, Jim Stinnett, Inigo Zabaleta
I have a Galaxy tab active  which has LTE , (mobile dataplan)
It only uses data for map updates on the fly, and live traffic  data.

However it wont work with the wonderlinq, because its only android 5 and the Wunderlinq software is set to only install on Android 6 devices

The tab active 2 should work with the Wunderlinq,   however i cant validate that at the moment

Thor Hammer

Aug 22, 2021, 7:08:10 PM8/22/21
to WunderLINQ Users Group, Martin Higgins, Jim Stinnett, Inigo Zabaleta
I have used WunderLINQ with the TabActive2 and 3. At first the BT connection on 2 was a bit up and down, but after a Samsung update it was quick and flawless. The TA3 never had an issue with it.

I have since got a problem that I am investigating, but I am pretty sure it is not related to the tablet.

-Martin -Higgins

Aug 28, 2021, 8:31:30 AM8/28/21
to WunderLINQ Users Group, Thor Hammer, Martin Higgins, Jim Stinnett, Inigo Zabaleta
The tab active  only worked with 1.9 & earlier,  i believe kieth is going to see if he can realease the 1.9 version as a beta dev  , so we can use it with the tab active

if you want all the whistles and bells, you need to run it on the active 2 or later

Support

Aug 28, 2021, 11:19:38 AM8/28/21
to -Martin -Higgins, WunderLINQ Users Group, Thor Hammer, Martin Higgins, Jim Stinnett, Inigo Zabaleta
Hi All,

My plan is to rewrite the Quick Task Menu, this currently uses a widget that requires newer Android versions.  Once replaced the app should function again on older versions.

Feel free to send me any design ideas for the Quick Task menu :)

Keith

Jim Stinnett

Aug 28, 2021, 11:26:47 AM8/28/21
to Support, -Martin -Higgins, WunderLINQ Users Group, Thor Hammer, Martin Higgins, Inigo Zabaleta
Thanks, Kieth. Tinkering with tech is a BMW tradition. :)