BMW Connected App

gr...@muenster.de

Jul 11, 2020, 12:57:36 AM7/11/20
to WunderLINQ Users Group
hello keyth
will it soon be possible to use the bmw app connected with WunderLINQ?
that would be a great thing!
greeting

Keith Conger

Jul 11, 2020, 12:28:48 PM7/11/20
to Michael Grage, WunderLINQ Users Group
Hi Michael,

We have added launch support to the Android app, as that is all that is possible at the moment.  I have submitted a request to BMW and it was forwarded to the "appropriate team" :). I also suggest reaching out to them as well.

Here is the request, where I'm tracking this.  It includes BMWs contact info if you would like to ask them for the feature as well.

Thanks,
Keith

Jörg Oberdieck

Sep 2, 2021, 8:51:32 AM9/2/21
to WunderLINQ Users Group, keith....@blackboxembedded.com, WunderLINQ Users Group, Michael Grage
Is there any update on this? I'm using the BMW app on iOS quite a lot...

Support

Sep 2, 2021, 10:23:41 AM9/2/21
to Jörg Oberdieck, WunderLINQ Users Group, Michael Grage
Hi Jörg

There is still no known way to launch another iOS without the app developer providing a mechanism.  I highly suggest submitting a request to the BMW app developers to add a launch URL so that it can be launched by other apps.

I'm currently exploring the use of iOS shortcuts, this may provide a bandaid to the problem.

Keith