Navi Cradle advise

Arpad Arpad

Jan 18, 2023, 1:16:29 AM1/18/23
to WunderLINQ Users Group
Hi There
I have the four button version navi cradle and I just wondering if that one is the right for my Wunderlinq setup.  It has two connector, a two pin and a three pin one. Also I can't find the pair on the bike for the two pin connector. So it powers up, connects to the phone, but neither the wheel not have any affect (can't navigate etc...) or the data is not shows on the screen.
All help would be much appreciated.

Regards
Arpad

Peter Vavaroutsos

Apr 16, 2023, 11:43:26 PM4/16/23
to WunderLINQ Users Group, Arpad Arpad
The 2-pin connector is audio out for bikes that have a radio. It seems there are now two models of cradle connector, one with audio and one without. However, older bikes without a radio came with the cradle connector with audio and the two pin connector was just capped off and didn't connect to the bike.

As far as the 4-button cradle goes, I have heard this one doesn't allow wonderwheel functionality, but I have no experience. I can tell you the cradle is full of electronics, including a STM32F SOC. So it's not just some passive connector, there is firmware and a CPU doing protocol tranlsations or who knows what.