Cheap tablet suggestions

Erich Busche

Oct 24, 2021, 12:26:49 AM10/24/21
to WunderLINQ Users Group
Hi All

I am looking for suggestions on the cheapest tablet that will work with the Wunderlinq app.

What suggestions do you have?

Erich
Big fan of Wunderlinq!

-Martin -Higgins

Oct 25, 2021, 7:39:57 AM10/25/21
to WunderLINQ Users Group, Erich Busche
ATM  the only tablet i'm aware of that works is the Galaxy tab active 2 or 3

Keith was talking about a  rebuild to strip some of the  parameters so it may work with earlier versions of android, which would put the Galaxy tab active  back into the frame

That would potentially open the window for the Nexus 7 tablet  too, but only the LTE version

The basics for a tablet to work are BT , , GPS, a cellular connection (UK )  and the required android system

Other than that any tablet should work  - its the rugged & waterproof bit that are the hards bits ;)

Surfbird11

Nov 26, 2021, 11:54:36 AM11/26/21
to WunderLINQ Users Group, Erich Busche
I have used a Samsung Galaxy Tab 8" and it worked just fine from a technical standpoint. The problem was that the display wasn't good enough for sunny days because I can't see the map. I'm still looking for a similar size Android tablet with a better display because I really love running the Wunderlinq bike data and a map in adjustable split-screen. My Galaxy S10 phone has a good display but it's smaller and I don't like using it that way.

Oh yeah, I mounted the tablet on the nav bar with a Ram mount and zip tied the cradle with Wunderlinq below the dash out of site.