Organic Maps doesn't appear to have back to WunderLINQ support?

Elm Life

Jun 6, 2023, 7:15:38 AM6/6/23
to WunderLINQ Users Group
Hey folks,

I may be doing something wrong here......but I can't, for the life of me, work out how to go back to WunderLINQ from Organic Maps.

It says on the WunderLINQ integrations site that Organic Maps "supports map zoom and going back to the WunderLINQ app".

Map Zoom works great, but I can't work out how to go back to the WunderLINQ app. There is no WunderLINQ connection option in the Organic Maps latest application.  So while Zoom using the Wunderwheel works, I can't get back to the Wunderlinq App.  I tried various combinations of long holds left, pushing the indicator button etc......but no dice.
  • I am using Organic Maps latest version of 2023.05.08-7-Google
  • I have tested on an Android 13 phone as well as an iOS 16.5 phone - neither work with back to WunderLINQ functionality
  • My bike is a non TFT BMW 1200GSA, so this is not a TFT related issue (in case that matters).
I did go and check the Organic Maps changelog and it looks like on 31st August 2022 for Android & iOS they added it in as they state:
  • Restored WunderLINQ support (yes, we have an API! Check omaps.app/api)
Although not sure what they are referring to API?  Do I need to do something else to get back to WunderLINQ to work in Organic Maps?

If anyone has any info to shed any light on this, that would be great.

As I said when I started, it may be me being stupid, so please enlighten me if it is.

Cheers.

Support

Jun 6, 2023, 10:54:32 AM6/6/23
to Elm Life, WunderLINQ Users Group
Hi Elm,

I will verify and will work with them to resolve this.  It was working when I submitted the original patches, something may have broken in Organic Maps since.

Thanks for the report.

Support

Jun 6, 2023, 11:20:31 AM6/6/23
to Elm Life, WunderLINQ Users Group
Hi Elm

I can confirm that it no longer works on the Android version of Organic Maps, the iOS version still works.

Thanks

Elm Life

Jun 6, 2023, 3:37:38 PM6/6/23
to Support, WunderLINQ Users Group
Glad it’s not me going crazy…..if it changes in the future with Android that would be awesome.

I tested iOS with my daughters iPhone, but as I am more android savvy, I may of not triggered it correctly when I had that phone connected.

Fingers crossed Android support will come back in future.

Am hoping the Guido from Scenic has some joy with the Android version of the Scenic app in the next year, as he is good with the WunderLINQ integration.

Support

Jun 6, 2023, 7:39:15 PM6/6/23
to Elm Life, WunderLINQ Users Group
We'll get it fixed :)

I look forward to Scenic for Android as well!

Elm Life

Aug 24, 2023, 5:07:04 AM8/24/23
to WunderLINQ Users Group, Support, WunderLINQ Users Group, Elm Life
Hi support team.  I am still loving my Wunderlinq!

Just wanted to find out if there was an update on the Organic Maps situation for Android - in terms of getting back to the WunderLINQ app once I am in Organic Maps.  Has that back functionality been re-instated yet?

Cheers

WunderLINQ Support

Aug 25, 2023, 11:12:04 AM8/25/23
to WunderLINQ Support, Elm Life, Support, WunderLINQ Users Group
Hi,

We submitted a patch a while ago to resolve this problem in Organic Maps.  I'll reach out to see if I can get them to take a look at it.

Thanks for your patience

Elm Life

Aug 25, 2023, 11:23:58 AM8/25/23
to WunderLINQ Support, WunderLINQ Users Group
Thanks for the update, fingers crossed they can action it at some point. I tested it yesterday but no change yet, but fingers crossed.

The rest of the functionality of the wheel works great in their app though, just a pain not to be able to get back to the Wunderlinq app as I like to move between the nav and the Wunderlinq dashboard.

Cheers