App or Wunderlinq freezes

Lukasz Slomka

May 23, 2022, 9:59:44 AM5/23/22
to WunderLINQ Users Group
Hi,

Original Wunderlinq in black plastic
Newest firmware 2.1 installed
SAMSUNG Galaxy Tab Active 3 with One Ui 4.1

Until recenz ever,yhting worked fine. Now after a short time riding the app does not accept any inputs from the wonderwheel and the information does not update on the app. The Bluetooth led is always solid blue and the tablet shows an active Bluetooth connection. Only after the bike gets restarted or the winderlinq is being removed from the craddle, the connection works again, to brake after a couple of minutes in the same way.

I tried: resetting network and Bluetooth settings completely, removing and reinstalling the app, reflashing the firmware.

I do not know how to fix this issue now, any suggestions or is my unit broken?

Lukasz

Lukasz Slomka

May 24, 2022, 12:16:48 AM5/24/22
to WunderLINQ Users Group, Lukasz Slomka
I check again, I tried with a Google Pixel 3XL and have exactly the same issue - sometimes just the data freezes and the wonder-wheel still works, but in general after some minutes there is no function anymore, it does not accept wonder wheel inputs nor does it update/refresh the data. Wunderlinq App (newest version) shows still bluetooth connection, I can still navigate manuall through the app but as mentioned, no more updates in terms of Wheel input or data.

Regards

Lukasz

Support

Jun 7, 2022, 10:40:39 AM6/7/22
to Lukasz Slomka, WunderLINQ Users Group
Hi Lukasz and group

There is a new Android beta(2.33), that has had a lot of work done to increase the performance of the data grid screen and dashboard.  There have been many changes so there may be some new bugs, please report them if you find any.

Thanks

Jim Stinnett

Jun 14, 2022, 7:45:21 PM6/14/22
to WunderLINQ Users Group, Support, WunderLINQ Users Group, Lukasz Slomka
My unit seems to be having similar problem.
2022 2022 BMW R1250RS
Phone: Motorola G7 Power 2021

WunderlinQ has newest firnmware, WunderlinQ Beta app recently re-installed.
 BMW was recently in for break in service, I am not sure if they did a software update.

Unit was working fine, no issues until Wonder Wheel became unresponsive, data still updating OK.
Bike was parked for one week.
Next power up, no data, no Wonderwheel, Bluetooth Light Solid on, but phone output said "not connected".

I uninstalled DFU and WunderlinQ app and Forgot Blue tooth connection, restarted phone.

Reinstalled WunderlinQ App and DFU, powered bike/unit on, but WunderlinQ not visible.

I power cycled WLQ unit many times, even left off bike overnight, and power cycled again, But Bluetooth light still solid on, no available on phone to pair.

I am wondering, is there any way to update the WunderlinQ using the USB connection and a laptop?

Maybe this unit is Kerplunkt?

Lukasz Slomka

Jun 14, 2022, 9:42:56 PM6/14/22
to WunderLINQ Users Group, Jim Stinnett, Support, WunderLINQ Users Group, Lukasz Slomka
Hi,

After testing the new beta it is now hit or miss. Sometimes it works  then it stops completely and can bes sometimes revived after restarting the tablet. I already made a complete factory reset of the device and tried wunderlinq without installing any other apps to exclude this as an error source. Any updates on a possible solution?

Lukasz

Jim Stinnett

Jun 15, 2022, 12:05:59 AM6/15/22
to WunderLINQ Users Group, Lukasz Slomka, Jim Stinnett, Support, WunderLINQ Users Group
Lukasz ,
Ok, I'll admit that spent nearly 20 years computer/network equip and I've got 3 theories, if we have the same basic issue, which is: Unit shows solid blue indicator as if BT is connected, but no connection is present or possible, and WunderlinQ is not visible to phone's BT.

1. A recent update by BMW of ECU is interfering with the WLQ BT start-up/ intialization.
2. The WLQ BT is malfuntctioning.
3. Something else.

Lukasz Slomka

Jun 15, 2022, 2:46:53 AM6/15/22
to WunderLINQ Users Group, Jim Stinnett, Lukasz Slomka, Support, WunderLINQ Users Group
Hi Jim,

interesting background - I tried to analyze my issue a couple of times over the weekend, and realized the following (btw my bike was not at a dealer, no update was made, tablet reset to factory with the latest andorid 12 update on it, wunderlinq freshly paired, all permissions granted etc) when playing around:

1. Wunderlinq starts
2. Wunderlinq connects with Tablet after tablet is freshly started
3. Wunderlinq shows data when bike is ignition on and stationary but NOT RUNNING without interruption
4. Wunderlinq shows data while bike is ignition on, stationary ENGINE RUNNING (this I tried only for a shorter period of time due to neighbors :-)
5. Once you start driving the app almost immediately stops showing updated data (sometimes just seconds into the trip, sometimes a bit later)
6. Restarting the bike SOMETIMES solved the issue in the old app (previous app beta version) for a short time, not anymore in the new beta
7. Restarting the APP does not solve the problem
8. Restarting the Tablet after error occurred I DID NOT TRY yet -> will be my next step

Fact is that initial data transfer is visible and that WHEN it is working the app sometimes shows that it is loosing bluetooth connection and is also able to reestablish it SOMETIMES.
Firmware on the Wudnerlinq is the newest available. I will need to try to downgrade to an older version (much older) to see if this improves the issue.

My Theory, additionally to yours, is, that would it be possible that the amount of data that is being sent is too much for the bluetooth stack to digest (on the tablet or wunderlinq) side? That for this reason once the bike is riding and a lot of info is being passed over somewhere an overflow happens with the data being passed on? It is strange to me that stationary the device works, but once riding it stops displaying the data. I also noticed that the update of the data fields once you are riding is very slow with considerable lag. For example, the speed use to update instantly with any change, now it is sometimes lagging 1-2 seconds behind with the update. Same with other indicators that change fast (rpm, distance travelled etc.) and rely on data input from Wunderlinq.

Hope that helps and hopefully our devices are not Kaputt

Lukasz

Jim Stinnett

Jun 15, 2022, 10:13:00 AM6/15/22
to Lukasz Slomka, WunderLINQ Users Group, Support
Luakasz,
Ok, on second thought I don't think our units have the same issue.

But your unit works but with a lot of delay or intermittent BT failure. Your guess is a good one, that the BT can't handle data load.
That would usually be a phone/ram issue in my opinion, but if you can replicate with another device like a tablet then it's unlikely.
I think the delayed data output shows that phone is queuing data when the BT connection breaks, then trying to catch up.

Lukasz Slomka

Jun 17, 2022, 6:34:20 AM6/17/22
to WunderLINQ Users Group, Jim Stinnett, WunderLINQ Users Group, Support, Lukasz Slomka
Hi Jim,

yes, seems to be the case. I tried with my google pixel 3xl with the new app and the app does not boycot completely, but it does show sometimes bluetooth connection loss and then reonnects. I have a feeling on the pixel phone as well that the data update is not as snappy as it used to be. A couple of months ago speed was instantly shown with every incremental change, now there is a delay in showing the speed on the phone (I am using the bike data for speed, not GPS). Hope that the Wunderlinq team can come up with something,

Jim Stinnett

Jun 17, 2022, 11:49:26 AM6/17/22
to WunderLINQ Users Group, Lukasz Slomka, Jim Stinnett, WunderLINQ Users Group

Lukasz, intermittent glitches are very difficult to isolate and resolve. If a problem can be replicated you have a better chance to diagnose it.

Lodi Cronje

Sep 15, 2022, 2:27:03 AM9/15/22
to WunderLINQ Users Group
Hi thanks for all the hard work and efforts with this app.

I would like to add my unit/app freezes from time to time. Happened this morning after I had to allow permissions again, must be some update I imagine.
the app only update the speed but all the other fields are frozen or does not show updated info like lean angle and temp as example.

Version is 2.35.
Bike BMW 1200gs 2016.
Android version 12
One UI version 4.1
Kernel version 4.14.113

Michael Stürmer

Oct 7, 2022, 12:46:24 PM10/7/22
to WunderLINQ Users Group, Lukasz Slomka
Hi Lukasz,
i have the same equipment "SAMSUNG Galaxy Tab Active 3 with One Ui 4.1" and the same problems after updating the firmware and the Wunderlinq App.
Do you have any news about it? Would be nice if you respond.

Kind regards
Michael

Lukasz Slomka

Oct 13, 2022, 2:23:01 AM10/13/22
to WunderLINQ Users Group, Michael Stürmer, Lukasz Slomka
Hi Michael,

unfortunately no positive news. After a lot of tinkering, resets, firmware changes etc - It simply does not work properly on the tablet. It is hit or miss. I have also not heard back anymore from the manufacturer on this. I suppose this is an issue with the programming of the APP (just my guess) that does not work with the phones/tablets that we are using. My next step (I do not have my bike close to me right now) would be to try and roll back the firmware to an older version and use also an older version of the app to find out if that works. If you have time, maybe you can try that?

regards

Lukasz

Arpad Arpad

Feb 8, 2023, 1:09:14 PM2/8/23
to WunderLINQ Users Group, Lukasz Slomka, Michael Stürmer
App ver: 2.44
1200GS 2017
Android 13 (Updated from 12 but no difference)

Plus one connection issue. I guess it is similar to Lukasz's one. Randomly established BT connection in real use. It means when I just try it without engine on, works almost 100%, connects within seconds. When I ran the engine, the result is quite the opposite. Sometimes connects after a couple of minutes, or I "force" the connection manually, it will freeze. When I created a bug report it shows Firmware Version Unknown. I might need to reflash, but I have another thought. Is there any chance, the hardware gets confused with the power off and on what the engine start process could cause? I mean when the starter running, takes the power off from the WL hardware. Perhaps the hardware has not enough time to establish connection before the I start the engine, then it might not able to recover from that state, or randomly capable to do it but most likely not. Anyway, I'm going to check run DFU.
cheers

Arpad