No light on Wunderlinq device

Michael Myers

Jul 6, 2021, 5:40:58 PM7/6/21
to WunderLINQ Users Group
Hello,

When mounting the Wunderlinq device on my nav cradle and turning on the bike ignition there is no longer any light on the side of the device.
I've tried removing/reinserting the device as well as stopping/starting the ignition.
What are next steps?

thanks

Manoj Bawa

Sep 10, 2021, 9:24:08 AM9/10/21
to WunderLINQ Users Group, Michael Myers
I am facing a similar issue. The last I used it was in March 21 post which there have been no long rides due to Covid lockdown.

Rgds

Manoj

Martin Schlögl

Sep 18, 2021, 2:24:59 PM9/18/21
to WunderLINQ Users Group, Manoj Bawa, Michael Myers
Hi,

same here, my second wunderlinq  (v1) died an july, 31.
I already contacted keith via email: the devices are not repairable, and as my device is out of warranty, i would have to buy a new one :(

But I don’t think it’s worth to spend more money on this, alas
I did like the idea, and found it quite useful as long as it did work, but i lost my confidence in the reliability:

My first device died only 2 months after purchase (the 1st owner bought it some months earlier, but did not use it - i was the 2nd owner.
The LED was flashing green all the time, USB-Port starts and stops the charging current rapidly (in the same frequency as the LED blinks), bluetooth showed up but won't connect anymore.

The  2nd device, replaced in warranty, died after 3 months of usage (11 months after replacement - in wintertime i do not ride).
On this, the LED is dark, no power on USB, no bluetooth.
The bike's connector is ok, a cheap china phone-holder is working flawlessly on it.

wish you more luck,

bye,
Martin