Connect WunderLINQ directly to Cartool

TH G (Hobbyfahrer)

May 9, 2023, 3:09:41 AM5/9/23
to WunderLINQ Users Group
Hi Keith,

I am more and more disturbed that there is no solution to install WunderLINQ hidden or connect directly. Of course it is possible to install this together with the "Garmin" Navi-Cradle somewhere but it is not nice.

I would like to build me a clip in 3D printing, in which then Pogo pins are installed.

Can be applied to the WunderLINQ 12 volts and the LIN bus directly from the Cartool connector?

BR
Thorsten

Richard Ruskin

May 10, 2023, 10:18:11 AM5/10/23
to WunderLINQ Users Group, TH G (Hobbyfahrer)

How do you create a new post her?

Support

May 10, 2023, 10:25:03 AM5/10/23
to TH G (Hobbyfahrer), WunderLINQ Users Group
Hi Thorsten,

That would not work, the cradle plays an active role in how the WunderLINQ works.  Our upcoming WunderLINQ Commander product will not need the Nav cradle.

Keith

TH G (Hobbyfahrer)

May 10, 2023, 10:29:35 AM5/10/23
to WunderLINQ Users Group, Support, WunderLINQ Users Group, TH G (Hobbyfahrer)
Hi Keith,

what am I reading :-)

Can you please report more what it is and when is the product supposed to come.

Greeting

Thorsten

WunderLINQ Support

May 10, 2023, 10:53:20 AM5/10/23
to WunderLINQ Support, TH G (Hobbyfahrer), Support, WunderLINQ Users Group
Hi Thorsten,

The WunderLINQ Commander(Patent Pending) will plug in elsewhere but is still plug-and-play.  The purpose is to provide WunderLINQ functionality on BMWs without the Nav cradle and other manufacturers' bikes.   The WunderLINQ Commander will provide GS-style wheel input to RT and K1600 bikes as well. It will use the same app and provide the same functionality as the current WunderLINQ.

The Commander is currently being beta tested, including on two bikes that are on RTW trips.

Thanks,
Keith