Carplay or Android Auto compatibility

Y K (tenerisius)

Jun 10, 2024, 7:13:07 PMJun 10
to WunderLINQ Users Group
Does anybody know if it works to connect per Bluetooth the Wunderlinq with a Car Play or Android Auto mirroring screen device? Is it possible to use the zoom in and out feature on a GPS app from the smartphone through the Car Play / Android Auto or even to go through the Car Play / Android Auto menu, such as choosing Apps, changing tunes etc?
If this is not available yet, it is a good opportunity for the Wunderlinq to develop this feature and make it again very competitive and trendy,  because i think the new trend on the motorcycle world, is the Car Play / Android Auto  features and the ability to use all these Smartphone Apps, without using the Smartphone device on a motorcycle.

Support

Jun 11, 2024, 12:26:04 PMJun 11
to Y K (tenerisius), WunderLINQ Users Group
Hi YK,

Here is an update on what we are doing with Android Auto/Car Play.

We are very limited by what is allowed to CarPlay/Android Auto developers. If you can get your app approved you are limited to the confines of your app and even then it's pretty limited.  So it isn't possible to control the entire system with the wheel without working with the manufacturer of these devices.

Currently, we are working on both approaches.

We have just released the initial support for Android Auto in the WunderLINQ Android beta. We are still waiting for Apple's approval to add CarPlay support to the WunderLINQ app. If we receive approval we plan on adding CarPlay support as well.

We are also in talks with manufacturers to add WunderLINQ support to these type of devices.

Thanks,
Keith