Biolympiads Problem-Solving Course

Biology Olympiads Study group

Mar 9, 2022, 12:09:08 PM3/9/22
to Biology Olympiads Study group
We are inviting all students who are preparing for USABO semifinals to join our offline Problem-Solving course.

About the course

The USABO Problem Solving Training consists of a video course aimed to helps students prepare for the USABO Open and Semifinal exams.

The USA Biology Olympiad is the premier biology competition in the USA. The competition begins in February with the Open Exam, which is open to every high school student. The top 600 students, based on the scores on the Open Exam, are invited to the Semifinals, and the top 20 students from the Semifinals are invited to the Finals. If a student makes the USABO Semifinals or the Finals, then he or she has a legitimate claim to be one of the top 600 or top 20 biology students in America, respectively.

The goal of the Biolympiads USABO Problem Solving Course is to prepare highly motivated students to compete in the USA Biology Olympiad. The students will learn how to solve questions efficiently and in the least amount of time. Guided by USABO Semifinalists and IBO medalists, camp participants will gain invaluable critical thinking skills and learn test-taking strategies.

The course is delivered completely offline. Students will be able to access the Schoology platform where they will find videos with step-by-step explanations of the most complicated biology olympiad questions. The Forum in Schoology will allow students to ask any questions from any past USABO papers and our experienced tutors will provide comprehensive explanations.

Course curriculum:

The course will be divided into 3 modules:

  • Problem solving in USABO open exams
    • Around 100 USABO Open exam questions will be explained step-by-step.
  • Statistics and probabilities
    • You will learn about the most important statistical tests, descriptive statistics and probability theories for the biology olympiad. The video explanations will contain lots of practice problems to help you apply your knowledge to real biology olympiad problems.
  • Advanced problem solving, data analysis and result interpretation
    • Around 100 USABO Semifinal, IBO and advanced biology questions will be explained and solved by our tutors. This will help you learn how to interpret graphs and illustrations, analyze data and interpret results.
  • Problem solving in USABO semifinal exams
    • Around 100 USABO Semifinal exam questions will be explained step-by-step. This includes the 2021 and 2020 USABO semifinal papers.