USABO Training Summer Courses

Biology Olympiads Study group

May 27, 2021, 3:47:36 AM5/27/21
to Biology Olympiads Study group
Dear all,

We are offering two USABO Training Summer Courses during this summer:

Advanced USABO Camp: Part 1
Duration: 48 hrs
Course cost: $1200
Course start date: June 19, 2021

It will cover:
  • Cell Biology (30%)
  • Biochemistry (20%)
  • Genetics and Evolution (20%)
  • Plant Anatomy and Physiology (20%) Ecology (5%)
  • Ethology (5%)

 Advanced USABO Camp: Part 2

Duration: 56 hrs
Course cost: $1400
Course start day: after the Part 1 course is over

It will cover:
  • Human physiology and Anatomy (50%)
  • Biosystematics (20%)
  • Zoology (20%)
  • Ecology (5%)
  • Ethology (5%)

We are thinking of running the camp on weekdays too. Thus, we ask all interested students to fill in this form https://forms.gle/FKArSTGepR3JVtCg8 and select the best times for classes. We will aim to cover both courses during the summer so we need to fit in as many classes as possible per week. ;-)

Tutor profiles and course curricula are described in the brochure attached.

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us at trai...@biolympiads.com.
Biolympiads Training Camps - Brochure 2021.pdf

Biology Olympiads Study group

May 28, 2021, 11:54:21 AM5/28/21
to Biology Olympiads Study group
Dear all,

Following up on our previous email, from the current results of the poll looks like weekend classes would work better. So we are now thinking of running the camp on Saturdays and Sundays for 4 hrs/day (with breaks!!!). ;-) If you are interested, please fill in the form https://forms.gle/32zxHmecwGvtdwjp7 with your preferred class times. We aim to finalise the class schedule next week.

Best regards,
Biolympiads

Biology Olympiads Study group

May 29, 2021, 11:11:29 AM5/29/21
to Biology Olympiads Study group
Hello!

Hope everyone is safe and healthy! Our Advanced USABO Summer camp is now confirmed and the classes will be held on Saturdays and Sundays only (no weekdays) from 12-2pm EST and from 3-5pm EST, 4 hrs a day, 8 hrs in total on the weekend. The class schedule is below.

Screenshot 2021-05-29 at 18.10.00.png
The biggest difference from the previous camps is that we extended the duration of the camp and included lots of problem solving sessions. Thus, we had to slightly increase the tuition fee which is now $1400 for Part 1 (instead of $1200) and the same as before ($1400) for Part 2. We accept payment in instalments. The payment schedule is:

Part 1 camp(June 19 -  August 1)
- $700 by June 5
- $700 by July 5

Part 2 camp (August 7 - September 25)
- $700 by August 5
- $700 by September 5

If you want to join the camp, email us at he...@biolympiads.com and we will send the payment details.

Best wishes,
Biolympiads

Biology Olympiads Study group

Jun 3, 2021, 11:38:59 AM6/3/21
to Biology Olympiads Study group, Biology Olympiads Study group
Only 2 days left to join our Summer Camp! Head to https://forms.gle/nyQPSs86xsEmUMoA9 to sign up! \^+^/

Screenshot 2021-06-03 at 18.28.09.png

Biology Olympiads Study group

Jun 10, 2021, 3:12:31 AM6/10/21
to Biology Olympiads Study group
Dear all,

We are now gathering the second group for the summer camp. The timings will be the same as detailed below. If you want to sign up for the camp, fill in this form: https://forms.gle/FU2FzZS3RfoEdSzM6. The camp starts on June 19, 2021

Best wishes,
Biolympiads

Biology Olympiads Study group

Jun 23, 2021, 2:42:33 AM6/23/21
to Biology Olympiads Study group

Summer greetings from Biolympiads!

We are excited to announce that our Advanced  USABO Training camp has already started on Saturday, 19 June 2021! Nevertheless, we are still accepting students. We have now covered Week 1 and we will be moving to Week 2 this weekend.

 COURSE FEATURES
  • Designed for 9th-12th graders with prior biology knowledge who are preparing for USABO 2022
  • 8 hrs per week (Saturdays and Sundays ONLY)
  • 4 hrs per class
    • 12-2pm EST and 3-5pm EST
  • Designed for USABO preparation
The training camp is delivered by our experienced tutors who are IBO medalists and USABOSemifinalists. The full list of tutors can be found here

All camp participants will be able to access study resources of the camp on Schoology. This includes:

  • Lecture recordings
  • Handouts for each chapter
  • Lecture presentations
  • Weekly worksheets

COURSE CURRICULUM

During the summer we offer 2 courses:

Advanced USABO Camp: Part 1
Duration: 56 hrs
Course cost: $1400
Course start date: June 19, 2021

It will cover:
  • Cell Biology (30%)
  • Biochemistry (20%)
  • Genetics and Evolution (20%)
  • Plant Anatomy and Physiology (20%)

-  Advanced USABO Camp: Part 2
Duration: 60 hrs

Course cost: $1400
Course start day: after the Part 1 course is over

It will cover:
  • Human physiology and Anatomy (50%)
  • Biosystematics (20%)
  • Zoology (20%)
  • Ecology (5%)
  • Ethology (5%)
You can select to join only Part 1, only Part 2 or both. We offer a discount to those who have attended the previous part.

REGISTRATION

To register your interest, please fill in the form here. We offer payment in 4 instalments.

CONTACTS

If you have any questions, you can contact us at trai...@biolympiads.com.