USABO Summer camp 2022

Biology Olympiads Study group

May 6, 2022, 9:08:25 AM5/6/22
to Biology Olympiads Study group
Dear all,

We are inviting all interested students to join our USABO Summer camp 2022!

This program consists of 20 weeks of intensive training to prepare students for the USABO 2023 Open and Semifinal exams.

The USA Biology Olympiad is the premier biology competition in the USA. The competition begins in February with the Open Exam, which is open to every high school student. This year all students are invited to the Semifinals, and the top 20 students from the Semifinals will be invited to the Finals.

The goal of the Biolympiads Training Program is to prepare highly motivated students to compete in the USA Biology Olympiad (USABO). The students will follow an intensive curriculum prepared by experienced biology olympiad coaches. You will also receive the access to resources of the training course which include:

* Handouts for each module
* Lecture presentations
* Weekly quizzes
* Lecture recordings

Duration: 20 weeks
Schedule: 3 hrs on Saturdays and 3 hrs on Sundays (6 hrs per week)
Class time: 12pm - 3pm EST
Course cost: $2000 (60 hrs in total; payment in 2 instalments is accepted)
Course start day: Saturday, 4 June 2022

Over the course of 20 weeks, the training camp will cover the most important advanced topics which come up in the USABO exams. The breakdown of topics is:

* Human physiology and Anatomy: 30%
* Cell Biology & Biochemistry: 30%
* Genetics: 15%
* Plant anatomy and physiology: 15%
* Ecology & Ethology: 10%

Note that the advanced camp is very rigorous and you should have already studied Campbell Biology. The main textbooks of the course include:

• Molecular Biology of the Cell by Alberts
• Lehninger Principles of Biochemistry
• Biochemistry by Harvey
• Genetics: Analysis and Principles by Brooker
• Biology of Plants by Raven
• Integrated Principles of Zoology (Hickman)
• Vander’s Human Physiology by Widmaier
• Human Physiology by Lauralee Sherwood

Course curriculum:

Register at https://forms.gle/X7zRW6Te1szaC11g9.

If you have any questions, contact us at ca...@biolympiads.com

Dana Liu

May 7, 2022, 9:59:03 AM5/7/22
to biolympiads...@biolympiads.com
Hello very interested in this but we are on pst and have morning commitments. Are there any other times this camp will be offered? Also if finished ap level would u recommend the advanced course or beginner? Thanks

On May 6, 2022, at 06:08, Biology Olympiads Study group <biolympiads...@biolympiads.com> wrote:

Dear all,

Jenny Wang

May 7, 2022, 11:34:55 AM5/7/22
to biolympiads...@biolympiads.com
Can you provide some information about the introductory course for biology science Olympiad?

Sent from my iPhone

On May 7, 2022, at 8:58 AM, Dana Liu <liu....@gmail.com> wrote:

Dear all,

<Screenshot 2022-05-06 at 15.10.51.png>

You can read about our camps at https://biolympiads.com/biolympiads-training-camps/.

Register at https://forms.gle/X7zRW6Te1szaC11g9.

If you have any questions, contact us at ca...@biolympiads.com

Biology Olympiads Study group

May 15, 2022, 10:03:41 AM5/15/22
to Biology Olympiads Study group, jenny8...@gmail.com
Hello Jenny,

The goal of the Biolympiads Training Program is to prepare highly motivated students to compete in the USA Biology Olympiad and other biology contests. The students will follow an intensive curriculum prepared by experienced biology olympiad coaches.

Duration: 21 week
Schedule: 2 hrs on Saturdays and 2 hrs on Sundays (4 hrs per week)
Class time: 12-2pm EST
Course cost: $1500
Course start date: next batch starts on June 4, 2022

You will also receive the access to resources of the training course which include:

* Handouts for each module
* Lecture presentations
* Weekly quizzes
* Lecture recordings

During the course we will cover the most important topics which come up in the USABO exams. The key course textbook is Campbell Biology (any edition from 9th) which can be purchased on Amazon here https://amzn.to/2HKomu7. Every week, students will cover 2-3 chapters from Campbell. Each class is accompanied by homework. Also students will receive handouts which can be printed out before the class.

If you have any questions, contact us at ca...@biolympiads.com

You can register at https://forms.gle/48sZufbgLoLB3cT69

On Saturday, May 7, 2022 at 6:34:55 PM UTC+3 jenny8...@gmail.com wrote:
Can you provide some information about the introductory course for biology science Olympiad?

Sent from my iPhone

On May 7, 2022, at 8:58 AM, Dana Liu <liu....@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello very interested in this but we are on pst and have morning commitments. Are there any other times this camp will be offered? Also if finished ap level would u recommend the advanced course or beginner? Thanks
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to biolympiads-study-group+unsub...@biolympiads.com.
<Screenshot 2022-05-06 at 15.10.51.png>

Anna Sr.

May 18, 2022, 9:35:15 AM5/18/22
to biolympiads...@biolympiads.com
Hello,

I have conflict and may be catching up mostly watching the recording and homework with initial few weeks.

Will the session be recorded and shared immediately? Can you share some testimonials and introductory video which I can refer to?

Thank you
Anna

Priya Balaraman

May 30, 2022, 3:36:35 AM5/30/22
to biolympiads...@biolympiads.com, jenny8...@gmail.com
When would the next batch for Bio olympiad training be after June 2022 be ?
Can you please advise.
Thank you and Best regards
Priya

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/biolympiads.com/d/msgid/biolympiads-study-group/e3962046-fa7b-4768-8120-a6398c3dfd5dn%40biolympiads.com.

Biology Olympiads Study group

May 30, 2022, 3:41:45 AM5/30/22
to Biology Olympiads Study group, jenny8...@gmail.com, priya.b...@gmail.com

Hello all,

Re: Anna, yes, all classes are recorded and will be available via Schoology. The testimonials can be read here: https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.biolympiads.com

Re: Priya, all camps are starting on June 4, you can check their descriptions at https://biolympiads.com/biolympiads-training-camps/. As per schedules, these courses will be over around October and this is when we will start the next batch. However, you can join these camps even though you cannot attend all first classes as all classes will be recorded and you will have access to all class materials for the next 1-2 years. ;-) Also, all students who attended our previous camps, can also attend the next batch of the same camp with a 70% off discount.

Best wishes,
Martyna

On Monday, May 30, 2022 at 10:36:35 AM UTC+3 priya.b...@gmail.com wrote:
When would the next batch for Bio olympiad training be after June 2022 be ?
Can you please advise.
Thank you and Best regards
Priya

<Screenshot 2022-05-06 at 15.10.51.png>

Biology Olympiads Study group

Jun 2, 2022, 2:44:17 PM6/2/22
to Biology Olympiads Study group
Dear all,

Hope everyone is well and enjoying the first days of summer. ;-)

This is just a reminder that the registration for our two summer camps, which start on June 4, will close tomorrow on Friday, June 3. If you want to join the camp, follow the link https://biolympiads.com/biolympiads-training-camps/

Best regards,
Biolympiads

Jenny Wang

Jun 3, 2022, 4:55:01 AM6/3/22
to biolympiads...@biolympiads.com
How to register? What is the time of the class?

Thanks!
Jenny

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 2, 2022, at 1:44 PM, Biology Olympiads Study group <biolympiads...@biolympiads.com> wrote: