Two new Autumn USABO Training Camps starts soon

Biology Olympiads Study group

Aug 21, 2022, 11:53:16ā€ÆAM8/21/22
to Biology Olympiads Study group

Hello from Biolympiads!

We hope everyone is well! are starting two new camps whichĀ will help students prepare for the USA Biology Olympiad and other biology olympiads in 2023. The camps are via Zoom.

Last years we have 3 of our students qualified for the Top 20 camp!Ā

USABO PREPARATION CAMPSĀ

INTRODUCTORY USABO PREPARATION CAMP

The current program consists ofĀ 18 weeksĀ of intensive introductory training to prepare students for the USABO exams. It will cover the most important topics which come up in the USABO exams. The key course textbook is Campbell Biology (any edition from 9th) which can be purchased on Amazon hereĀ https://amzn.to/2HKomu7. Every week, students will cover 2-4 chapters from Campbell. Each class is accompanied by homework. Also students will receive handouts which can be printed out before the class.Ā

COURSE FEATUES

  • Designed forĀ 8th,Ā 9thĀ andĀ 10thĀ graders with little biology knowledge
  • 18 weeksĀ
  • 2 hrs on Saturdays and 2 hrs on Sundays (4 hrsĀ per week)
  • 12pm ESTĀ toĀ 2pm ESTĀ
  • Starts in September, 2022
  • Course cost:Ā $1400

Each module will be taught by a different tutor so you will meet lots of amazing tutors and scientists. ;-)Ā

We recommend spending 2-3 hrs on homework and pre-reading theĀ chapters before each class. By the end of the course, you should have read Campbell at least 2-3 times. After that you can join our AdvancedĀ camp.Ā

COURSE MATERIALS

All camp participants will be able to access studyĀ resourcesĀ onĀ Schoology. This includes:

  • Lecture recordingsĀ
  • HandoutsĀ for each chapter
  • LectureĀ presentations
  • WeeklyĀ worksheets

All classes will be recorded and uploaded onĀ Schoology.Ā We recommend spending 2-3 hrs on homework and pre-reading theĀ chapters before each class.

ADVANCED USABO PREPARATION CAMP

Duration: 20 weeks
Schedule: 3 hrs on Saturdays and 3 hrs on Sundays (6 hrs per week)
Class time: 12pm - 3pm EST
Course cost: $2000 (60 hrs in total; payment in 2 instalments is accepted)
Course start day: TBC but in September 2022

Over the course of 20 weeks, the training camp will cover the most important advanced topics which come up in the USABO exams. The breakdown of topics is:

* Human physiology and Anatomy: 30%
* Cell Biology & Biochemistry: 30%
* Genetics: 15%
* Plant anatomy and physiology: 15%
* Ecology & Ethology: 10%

Note that the advanced camp is very rigorous and you should have already studied Campbell Biology. The main textbooks of the course include:

ā€¢ Molecular Biology of the Cell by Alberts
ā€¢ Lehninger Principles of Biochemistry
ā€¢ Biochemistry by Harvey
ā€¢ Genetics: Analysis and Principles by Brooker
ā€¢ Biology of Plants by Raven
ā€¢ Integrated Principles of Zoology (Hickman)
ā€¢ Vanderā€™s Human Physiology by Widmaier
ā€¢ Human Physiology by Lauralee Sherwood

You can read about our camps atĀ https://biolympiads.com/biolympiads-training-camps/.

REGISTRATION

Fill in the form:

Advanced course: https://forms.gle/kEEof6JNiRzpefaP6

Introductory course:Ā https://forms.gle/ygnPVJW3UG2Rtfhd9

If you have any questions, contact us atĀ ca...@biolympiads.com.

Biological wishes,ā€Ø

Biolympiads

Chetan K

Aug 29, 2022, 2:27:28ā€ÆAM8/29/22
to Biology Olympiads Study group, Biology Olympiads Study group
Hi There,

What is the start date for the nextĀ Introductory course?

Also, do you have any batches other than Saturday and Sunday (12 - 2 pm ET)? My son has a conflict.

Biology Olympiads Study group

Aug 29, 2022, 2:40:31ā€ÆAM8/29/22
to Biology Olympiads Study group, Chetan K
Hello Chetan,

All our camps run between 12pm EST to 4pm EST in that window. From our experience we know that students are the most focused in the morning and early afternoon and this is when they can learn fast. Thus we don't have evening classes. If the timings are not convenient, we also offer our students to join our camps OFFLINE at their convenient time. In our shopĀ https://biolympiads.com/shop/ look for "CLASS RECORDINGS" and you can access all our camps' recorded sessions.Ā

Best regards,
Biolympiads

Biology Olympiads Study group

Sep 1, 2022, 3:50:19ā€ÆAM9/1/22
to Biology Olympiads Study group
The next Introductory Biology Olympiad camp starts on the 10th of September, 2022! We will study Campbell Biology and will be preparing for #USABO 2023! Join us at https://forms.gle/HZd8MSUYDsRGAx566.

Screenshot 2022-09-01 at 09.43.02.png

Biology Olympiads Study group

Sep 9, 2022, 12:57:36ā€ÆPM9/9/22
to Biology Olympiads Study group
Two new camps start this weekend! You can still join them!

REGISTRATION

Fill in the form:

Advanced course:Ā https://forms.gle/kEEof6JNiRzpefaP6

Introductory course:Ā https://forms.gle/ygnPVJW3UG2Rtfhd9

Biology Olympiads Study group

Sep 17, 2022, 8:12:42ā€ÆAM9/17/22
to Biology Olympiads Study group
Hi all!

You can still join our introductory and advanced USABO camps. This weekend we will be in Week 2 so you still didn't miss a lot!

REGISTRATION

Fill in the form:

Advanced course:Ā https://forms.gle/kEEof6JNiRzpefaP6

Introductory course:Ā https://forms.gle/ygnPVJW3UG2Rtfhd9