Seeking Feedback on Data Repository Infrastructure Needs

Tiffanie Nelson

Jan 19, 2023, 9:22:49 PM1/19/23
to proteomic...@biocommons.org.au
Dear colleagues, please see the email below regarding data in international repositories. Please help if you can!

—————————

Hi all,

The BioCommons is currently seeking to better support researchers downloading and accessing third-party public data from international repositories (e.g. those hosted by NCBIEMBL-EBI, etc) to carry out their research.

We want to hear about your current and future infrastructure needs – the data transfer protocols, help and training, local storage and compute you currently use; any difficulties or bottlenecks you have faced; and your views on what you think is missing nationally. Please share your thoughts in our community survey: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfN0niShsYGnU9LWuOGbAyVUmPTgIFJzEZBepXIz4CAtkZnCw/viewform

Survey responses will help inform national strategies to improve data access from international repositories for Australian researchers.

The survey should take around 5-10 minutes to complete.

Regards,
--

Farah Zaib Khan, PhD

Scientific Business Analyst

Australian BioCommons

c/o Queensland Cyber Infrastructure Foundation (QCIF)

St Lucia, Brisbane QLD 4072

M: +61 (0) 451 819 210

W: biocommons.org.au

Current time zone: AEDT

This position is funded by Bioplatforms Australia and hosted at QCIF.

While I may be sending this email outside my normal office hours, I do not expect to receive a reply outside yours.

We acknowledge and pay respect to the Traditional Owners of the lands upon which we work. We pay our respects to their Elders both past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians.

42OAiMD3QJg3p83swFMBZBckvexf7_X-BKEd1kOn-2EGI_CvnA9zmiumoj8zI5tSRBT7bnh_JzFtWZgZgBRRkyqxJvZfNEQHMN9xMolRB7tQ1LUIH2pYXiFlQc_qrIJC-L7zVSgM.png