Update on next community meeting

jo...@biocommons.org.au

May 12, 2024, 8:06:25 PMMay 12
to Proteomics Analysis
Hi all

The next Proteomics bioinformatics community meeting will be held on Monday the 3rd of June 2024 at 12:30 pm AEST.

The June meeting will be extended to 1.5 hours to accommodate two activities:

Presentation: Scaling DIA-NN to HPC for accelerated large-scale proteomics

Dr. Cali Willet (Sydney Informatics Hub) will present her work to speed up DIA-NN analyses using high performance computing (HPC) at the National Computational Infrastructure (NCI), reducing processing time for large proteomics experiments from days / weeks to just hours.

Workshop: Proteomics training

The proteomics bioinformatics community recognises the need to train more life scientists in proteomics. Collating and sharing collections of recommended training resources is one way that we might address this as a community. Dr. Melissa Burke, Australian BioCommons Training and Communications Officer will join us to facilitate a discussion on how we might create a collection of recommended proteomics training resources and share them with Australian life scientists. Everyone is welcome to join the discussion. No training experience is needed.

The agenda can be found here.

All are welcome. I hope to see you there.

Best
Johan

jo...@biocommons.org.au

Jun 2, 2024, 9:42:25 PMJun 2
to Proteomics Analysis
Hi all

A reminder that the next Proteomics bioinformatics community meeting will be today at 12:30 pm AEST.