Biotrack Pack Update 1.21 + Preview of Manytrack

Andrew Quitmeyer

Oct 1, 2012, 12:40:58 AM10/1/12
to <announce@bio-tracking.org>
Hello all! If this is your first message from bio-tracking.org, the Biotrack Pack is a set of open-source software tools for bio-tracking purposes from Georgia Tech. They are free to use and available here: http://www.bio-tracking.org/biotrackpack/

Update
For those who have been using the software, this is a note that we have made some improvements to its functionality. Namely it now encodes model information in alpha values, its handling of data points has been optimized for speed and better tracking, and numerous other small bugs have been squashed. The sample tracking files (http://www.bio-tracking.org/software/Sample_Tracking.tar.gz) have also been updated to reflect the current style of .png models.

Preview
We are now also working on an expanded program that takes in multiple models, and can be used to handle polymorphism, or perform Identification while tracking. We have had a fair amount of success with this new approach, and hopefully will be able to release that soon! You can see a preview of it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FuKQh71sC8&feature=player_detailpage#t=17s  identifying multiple painted ants simultaneously, and also an example where it tracks models of grossly varying sizes and shapes (ants and a caterpillar).

Also, if you have difficulty with the software or wish to report a bug or feature request, let us know at: bug-r...@bio-tracking.org

If you have any questions just let us know!

-Andy and the Bio-tracking team at Georgia Tech