Biking on Spare-The-Air days?

Erik Lindskog

Sep 6, 2022, 4:01:56 PM9/6/22
to san...@bikesiliconvalley.org
Food for thought...

Should one bike to work on Spare-The-Air days or should one get in an EV with a state-of-the-art air filtration system? :-)

Tom Webster

Sep 6, 2022, 4:06:59 PM9/6/22
to Sanjose
Bike!

No need to contribute to traffic 🙂

--
Topics posted to this list are visible to the public.
---

Tim Oey

Sep 6, 2022, 7:57:56 PM9/6/22
to san...@bikesiliconvalley.org
I agree, bike!

My ride into work in San Jose with 150 lbs of cargo (4 bikes to Community Cycles of California and a trailer to SVBC) was pretty easy this morning when it was cool but my ride back to Sunnyvale with 300 lbs of cargo was a lot harder and hotter -- sunny and 107F the entire way (12 miles). I went thru 6 full water bottles on the way back -- had to stop twice to refill the 2 bottles I carried and rest for a bit in some shade as well. Wow, was it hot this afternoon!

Teodoro Cipresso

Sep 6, 2022, 8:57:26 PM9/6/22
to san...@bikesiliconvalley.org
Wow, that's hardcore :)  Regarding spare-the-air: I would pay attention to air quality if you have asthma or are sensitive to pollution.