Re: Traffic Concern at Element Apartment Complex

Matthew Bartlett

Jul 26, 2022, 11:20:39 PM7/26/22
to Jeremy Tran, Morales, Ricardo, Tran, Andy, san...@bikesiliconvalley.org
+ SVBC San Jose Local Group

Hi Jeremy,

I have added the local group for SVBC because this is a problem/issue that I have brought up with them before and they are all very interested in making San Jose a safer place.

For this stretch I had reported multiple times that the signs were in the wrong place (or missing) and where they should likely be.
DOT did the 5-8 week field investigation and determined the fix:

The result was this new sign was placed in exactly the wrong place.

Then I went back a few weeks later to find out it was changed to what I had suggested:

and the newly installed sign, in the wrong location, was moved to the beginning of the bike lane where it belonged.

Can you let us know what happened, as I would like to know the process for getting this kind of thing corrected in less than 2 years.

thanks,  Matthew
Matthew Bartlett  |  mat...@me.com  |  +1 408 802-2750

On May 20, 2022, at 9:42 AM, Tran, Jeremy <Jerem...@sanjoseca.gov> wrote:

Hello Matthew,

Staff have conducted a field investigation at Element Apartment Complex. Staff found that signs and markings are appropriately placed and in functioning conditions. Staff determined that the NSA signs will be changed to remind vehicles that parking is not allowed along the segment. However, staff also determined that parking along Element Apartment Complex is in high demand and have opened up a portion for parking. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
Jeremy Tran
Traffic Investigator
City of San José  - Department of Transportation
Neighborhood Traffic Management
200 E. Santa Clara Street, 8th Floor

San Jose, CA  95113