Blossom Hill crossover Hwy-101 to Silver Creek Valley Rd

Jon Williamson

Jul 27, 2022, 1:26:17 AM7/27/22
to san...@bikesiliconvalley.org
For those who don't bike in the region, the Blossom Hill crossover of Hwy-101 to Silver Creek Valley Rd, which now safely connects Monterey Hwy to Coyote Creek Trail at Silver Creek Valley Rd, is very sweet.  Check it out when in South San Jose!

On Tue, Jul 26, 2022, 22:17 <san...@bikesiliconvalley.org> wrote:
Matthew Bartlett <mat...@me.com>: Jul 26 08:20PM -0700

+ SVBC San Jose Local Group

Hi Jeremy,

I have added the local group for SVBC because this is a problem/issue that I have brought up with them before and they are all very interested in making San Jose a safer place.

For this stretch I had reported multiple times that the signs were in the wrong place (or missing) and where they should likely be.
DOT did the 5-8 week field investigation and determined the fix:

The result was this new sign was placed in exactly the wrong place.

Then I went back a few weeks later to find out it was changed to what I had suggested:

and the newly installed sign, in the wrong location, was moved to the beginning of the bike lane where it belonged.

Can you let us know what happened, as I would like to know the process for getting this kind of thing corrected in less than 2 years.

thanks, Matthew
Matthew Bartlett | mat...@me.com | +1 408 802-2750