BPACs new VTA Rep and San José's San Antonio Street Quick-Build Project Evaluation

Diane Solomon

May 27, 2022, 2:54:12 PMMay 27
to SVBC San Jose Team

Dear Local Teamers,

Many thanks for your biketivism!

I hope that this email finds you well given so many troubling things going on now.

I hope that more of you will attend our City's BPAC meetings. The next on is on the 4th Monday in July. We skip June and December.

I am so pleased that since January, Bobby Gonzales serves on our BPAC.

At our May meeting, this past Monday, Bobby volunteered to be our BPAC's representative on VTA's BPAC.

Many thanks and Kudos to Diego Ortiz for serving as our BPAC's VTA liaison for the past year.

We had an edifying time this past Monday at our BPAC's meeting.

We received a presentation that updated us on the City's San Antonio Street project. We were also provided with updates on other streets that are being made safer pursuant to "Better Bike Plan 2025" and Our City's "Complete Streets" and Vision Zero programs.

Here is the presentation on San Antonio Street:

FYI, I'm one of many who used San Antonio Street regularly to travel from Willow Glen to San José's far Eastern boundaries. It has always been a safer choice than Story Road. Now it is even more safer.

For me, Story is also safer to bicycle on. The approach to 101 has more signage and drivers seem way more aware of me.

We also learns about the survey data that our City uses to evaluate whether changes are seen as helpful or not by drivers and Community members. Our City is checking.

Have any complaints?

Come to a BPAC meeting where City staffers will hear, respond, and more-often-than-not act on your input.

Wishing you safe and happy travels,