[SVBC general] Happy Bike Month and a happy affordable housing month!

Sandhya Laddha

May 6, 2022, 1:08:24 PMMay 6
to svbc...@bikesiliconvalley.org
Hi everyone,

Did you know that May is not only Bike Month, but also Affordable housing Month? Join Senator Josh Becker and Menlo Park Vice mayor Jen Wolosin on May 7th to celebrate with a bike tour of sites where new affordable homes may be built in Menlo Park!

Details below by the organizing team -

Menlo Park, like all Bay Area cities, is currently drafting its Housing Element — which is the plan for where and how affordable homes could be built over an 8-year period. (New to the Housing Element process? Check out Menlo Together’s blog post - https://www.menlotogether.org/2021/09/20/an-introduction-to-the-menlo-park-housing-element/)

We’ll be riding past parcels Menlo Park has identified as potential locations for affordable housing — including the offices of heavyweight venture capital firms like Kleiner Perkins and Lightspeed, the offices of popular finance app Robinhood, and downtown parking lots. Along the way we’ll hear from local experts and elected officials, including San Mateo County Supervisor Don Horsley and Menlo Park Vice Mayor Jen Wolosin!

We’re thrilled to be hosting this event in partnership with Menlo Together, Peninsula For Everyone, Housing Leadership Council, and the Silicon Valley Bicycle Coalition.

We’d love for you to join us — sign up today!

cheers,
Sandhya Laddha
Policy Director