Google/Diridon Bike Ride - Saturday

Shiloh Ballard

May 17, 2022, 7:45:35 PMMay 17
to San Jose SVBC Local Team
Hi All,

I know we're inundating you with all sorts of events and rides during Bike Month. Here's another!

Many of you joined us a few weeks back for a zoom forum with Google to learn about Downtown West. This, along with the redevelopment of the Diridon station to accommodate high speed rail, constitutes one of the most significant projects for the region. And you all, people who love bikes, have an opportunity to continue to influence the project for the better through a bike ride this Saturday. You can register here

Here's the plan for the ride:
- Start at the Diridon station at 10:30am and learn what's in store for the station, where things are at in the process, timelines etc.
- Ride out to the end of the Los Gatos Creek Trail at Auzerais, looking at the murals along the way and learning about how this trail segment is going to get connected up with the Guadalupe Trail. This, by the way, was by far the most popular topic at the zoom forum - how these two trails will connect. So, we'll get to hear about it from the City and Google and then ride the future on-street portions to understand exactly how it's going to work.
- We'll stop on Santa Clara to learn about Downtown West
- We'll then traverse through the Arena and down St. John, one of the City's bike boulevards, and refresh our memories on the City's overall bike strategy for Downtown.
- We'll then go out through San Pedro and down to San Fernando to learn what's in store given the grant the city has to further enhance San Fernando.
- And then back to the station.

If you relish the opportunity to pepper expert transportation planners who are in charge with questions and ideas for how to improve this project of regional significance, this is a great way to do it.

Again, the registration link is here. We hope to see you there! And, please invite your friends.

Mikhail Haurylau

May 17, 2022, 11:20:48 PMMay 17
to SVBC San Jose Team
Thanks Shiloh, I have already been registered for this ride. This might be a good opportunity to connect with the city staff. Do you need any help with organizing the ride?

--
Topics posted to this list are visible to the public.
---

Shiloh Ballard

May 18, 2022, 12:59:59 AMMay 18
to san...@bikesiliconvalley.org
Hey Mikhail,

We've already organized everything so we're good to go. Glad you can join us!
Shiloh