[SVBC general] Google employees get to donate $400 to their favorite non-profit!

1 view

Sandhya Laddha

Nov 7, 2022, 3:02:37 PM11/7/22
to svbc...@bikesiliconvalley.org

Hello SVBC local team members!

Do you, a family member, or friend work at Google? If so, we would love your help promoting SVBC as their charity of choice. Googlers get some $ to put towards a non-profit partner any time between Nov 7th and 18th. SVBC is on the list of approved partners!

As you may know, it has been a tough few years for SVBC so gifts like these could make a real difference in moving us towards a bike friendly Silicon Valley.

Below there’s an email you can copy and paste and share with family and friends who work at Google. Please feel free to edit greetings.

Thank you so much!

Hi {{First Name}},

How are you? As you may already know, bicycling is dear to my heart and I’m reaching out to you to help us spread the word and join me in supporting the Silicon Valley Bicycle Coalition.

I’ve heard that Google is giving every employee $ to give to the non-profit of their choice between 11/7 and 11/18.

I would love it if you would:

1. Consider SVBC when choosing your donation beneficiary. Portal is: go/give4biking-2022 or go/give4biking

2. Promote SVBC as your non-profit of choice on any internal (bikey) email lists that might be interested (sample language is included below for you to adapt/copy/paste)

Thanks in advance for your support!

Sincerely,

-----------------------

Hi,

ICYMI, Google is giving every employee $400 to give to the non-profit of our choice between 11/7 and 11/18. Please join me in selecting Silicon Valley Bicycle Coalition as your recipient this year at go/give4biking-2022 or go/give4biking. Here's why:

Silicon Valley Bicycle Coalition (SVBC) is the ONLY non-profit working for safer bicycling infrastructure and a stronger bike culture in Santa Clara and San Mateo counties. It does this by: 1) organizing and lobbying at the local level for bike trails and lanes; and 2) hosting fun and educational events to educate and attract new bicyclists. Learn more about SVBC’s Strategic Plan here

Right now is a particularly important time to cement new and more sustainable travel habits as we emerge out of the pandemic creating new behaviors. Your support for the bike movement and SVBC will help us seize this opportunity to shift Silicon Valley residents out of traffic- and emissions-producing cars and onto two wheels.

To learn more about SVBC and get involved with bike advocacy visit bikesiliconvalley.org.

Thank you,

--
Cheers,

Sandhya Laddha