[SVBC general] Events will close San Tomas Trail Saturday 8/27 and Los Gatos Creek Trail Sunday 8/28

Betsy Megas

Aug 24, 2022, 10:18:29 PM8/24/22
to SVBC general
Hi all,
Levi's Stadium will have an event this Saturday 8/27, which will close the San Tomas Aquino Creek Trail from Agnew to Tasman from about 2:30pm, with the usual detour. Here's the complete traffic advisory: https://www.santaclaraca.gov/Home/Components/News/News/43870/

The Sevathon will take place this Sunday, August 28, including a footrace on the Los Gatos Creek Trail between Vasona Park and Meridian:

I don't know if the trail will be closed to other users during the race, but it is sure to be crowded, and it will be wise to avoid the area if you are not participating in the event.

I'm posting here as a heads up to anyone who may be planning a ride this weekend, and also to invite ideas about how we might better learn about and communicate trail availability or lack thereof in general. I learned of the Sevathon by chance.

Take care,

Betsy