🚲 Mountain View Local Team Round Up🚲

1 view

Anthony Montes

Nov 13, 2022, 9:46:46 AM11/13/22
to SVBC Mountain View Team

Good Morning Bike Family,

Read on for information about this week's biketivist forum and some awesome events we have scheduled in December, including a bike ride with El Camino Healthcare District, and our SVBC House Party!

Just a heads up, some folks are planning on leaving the biketivist forum a little early to attend an advocacy training lead by Santa Clara County Supervisor Joe Simitian. You can learn more about it here.

Check out the events calendar, and sign up for our e-bulletin to receive the latest on our events.

SVBC November Biketivist Forum - November, 16, 2022 at 5 p.m.

SVBC will be conducting a forum on "How to start a Bike Bus" in your City! The forum will begin with Peter Belden sharing his story on how he started a bike bus in SF. Then the forum will move into Q&A where we will also be joined by Jess McClellan, another parent who started a bike bus in Palo Alto recently.

Sign up here for the November 16 Biketivist Forum.

El Camino Health Ride - December 10, 2022 at 10:15 a.m.

Bikes bust stress, save money, and let you see the world through a fresh lens. Just ask any bicyclist! A bike ride can do wonders to lift your mood. We'll prove it to you!

Join us on this ride to discover the mental health benefits of going by bike. This ride is beginner-friendly and child-friendly: nobody will be left behind, and you will be riding with trained ride leaders who are here to help you have a great time!

You can register for the ride here

SVBC Open House and Party - December 10, 2022 at 1 p.m .

Silicon Valley Bicycle Coalition invites everyone to come party in our San José office. It's no secret that the building was formerly a frat house and after a year of SVBC it's safe to say there's been an energy shift. Bring your friends, neighbors, and anyone else who loves biking as much as we do

We’ll have enough refreshments, snacks and swag for everyone! Sign up for the SVBC Winter Open House Party here.

[EXTENDED] SVBC and Valley Water invite you to Ride Out the Drought - Oct. 15-Nov. 30

Join us for Ride Out the Drought (#ROtD), a free, month-long program that combines the joys and benefits of riding bikes with learning about the water system.

Choose a route from the list of rides provided in the Ride with GPS Ride Out the Drought challenge and follow them when it's convenient for you. Record your ride in Ride with GPS and post to social media to get more chances to win in the weekly raffle. Those who ride the most miles can earn special grand prizes.

Register here to receive updates about Ride Out the Drought and instructions on how to use Ride with GPS.

Safe Routes Partnership Virtual Summit - November 15-17

If you enjoyed our discussion about Safe Routes to School, I wanted to flag Safe Routes Partnership’s virtual summit in November.

You can learn more and register for the summit using this link here.

Best,

Anthony Montes | he/him/his

Community Organizer | 408-694-8848

Twitter @bikeSV | Instagram @bikesiliconvalley