šŸš² Mountain View RoundUpšŸš²

1 view

Anthony Montes

Dec 26, 2022, 9:05:15ā€ÆAM12/26/22
to SVBC Mountain View Team

Friends,

I hope you're having an excellent holiday season. I'm sure many of you are taking well-deserved time off with loved ones as the new year approaches.Ā

Personally, I want to thank all the advocates in this group who've joined us for a local team meeting or an event this year. It may not seem like a lot, but the few hours you donate is a small contribution to a larger movement of people demanding safer streets in our communities.Ā

To that end, it's never too early to start planning for next year. We have some items you may be interested in to help you get started!

As always, check out the events calendar, and sign up for our e-bulletin to receive the latest.Ā

Newly Elected Local Leader Workshop

I appreciate all the folks that attended our biketivist forum last Wednesday and started their outreach to newly elected leaders.Ā

We are looking forward to sending your welcome packets and helping you build relationships with your new city and county leaders.Ā Please email me if you'd like to help put your team's packet together.Ā

If you missed the workshop, no worries. You can review my slides and instructionsĀ here.Ā

(INPUT NEEDED) El Monte Avenue Corridor Study Survey

Mountain View is conducting a survey for the El Monte Avenue Corridor Study between El Camino Real and Jay Street/Springer Road.Ā The survey will take approximately 10 minutes, and your responses are completely confidential.

Responses received will provide staff with wider feedback to further analyze alternatives to recommend to Bicycle/Pedestrian Advisory Committee (B/PAC), Council Transportation Committee (CTC) and City Council a preferred alternative for the corridor-wide improvements along El Monte Avenue.

CompleteĀ the survey here!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/emcs_survey
Reminder:Ā Bike Exchange's 3rd Annual Silent Auction

As you may know, the Silicon Valley Bicycle Exchange is a great organization working to get second-hand bikes in the hands of those who need them. The Exchange has partnered with us for many bike repair, donation, and giveaway events.Ā

If you'd like to participate, you canĀ Check it out here!

Best,

Anthony Montes | he/him/his

Community Organizer | 408-694-8848

Twitter @bikeSV | Instagram @bikesiliconvalley

Bruce England

Dec 26, 2022, 12:29:12ā€ÆPM12/26/22
to Anthony Montes, SVBC Mountain View Team
Hi all:
On the El Monte survey, note from Brandon: "Please note on the last question about your roadway design preference, marking 1 is your least preferred, and marking 3 is your most preferred."
On the welcome packets work, I'll be working on drafts on behalf of our team, and Madi will be doing likewise for Los Altos. Stay tuned for more on that front.
Cheers,
BruceĀ

--
Topics posted to this list are visible to the public.
---