🚲 Mountain View Local Team RoundUp🚲

Anthony Montes

May 8, 2023, 9:00:04 PM5/8/23
to SVBC Mountain View Team

Happy Bike Month Y'all!

If this is your first bike month with the coalition, you are in for a blast! We will have rides each weekend through the duration of the month and opportunities to volunteer and spend more time under the sun. 🌞

This weekend we have two rides in the area for you to choose from and you can find more information below. See you on the road! 🚲😎✌

Mountain View City Council - Tuesday, May 09 at 5 p.m.

Join via ZOOM: https://mountainview.zoom.us/j/84351267142

Interesting items below. For the full agenda click here.

3.1 Recommended Fiscal Year 2023-24 through Fiscal Year 2027-28 Capital Improvement Program

Mountain View Crowd-Sourced Ride - Saturday, May 13 at 10 a.m.

Meet at: MV Transit Center (600 W. Evelyn Avenue)

This month, Brandon will be leading a crowd-sourced route to help provide input to our consultant working on the Active Transportation Plan.

This will be a 16-mile ride through some of the more stressful parts of the City. The ride will be slow with a lot of stops, but it is not meant to be relaxing. The purpose of the ride is to show and photograph the issues as pointed out by YOU all to the consultant so that she and I can work to address them within the Active Transportation Plan

Ride Route: https://www.plotaroute.com/route/2240343?units=miles

Wheelie Home: Affordable Housing Ride - Saturday, May 13 at 10 a.m.

Location: Cafe Venetia - 417 University Avenue Palo Alto, CA 94301

The ride is an approximately 12-mile route stopping at two to three affordable housing developments and the city's Opportunity Center. We will learn more about how the developments were built and how they operate, while also learning about safe bike infrastructure. We will finish at Palo Alto City Hall (250 Hamilton Avenue) where folks can grab lunch at their favorite restaurant and check out the Affordable Housing Resource Fair, which begins at 1:00 p.m.

Sunnyvale Local Team Boba Ride - Friday, May 13 at 3:15 p.m.

The Sunnyvale side of Homestead Rd has only part-time bike lanes such that at night they become parking spaces, forcing student cyclists to weave into traffic to avoid parked cars. We are advocating for full-time bike lanes so that students can safely ride to and from school at all times of day and night.

Homestead High students will meet at the bike racks by the pool at 3:10 pm. Fremont High students will meet at 3:25 pm on Fremont Ave at Keller Orthodontics (1301 Sunnyvale Saratoga Rd) across from FHS. We will ride a loop together and, on the way back, stop at Gong Cha on Hollenbeck Rd to get boba. We will then return to HHS and FHS to drop students off. The entire route is on paved bike lanes and is friendly to all riders.

Register HERE

Pledge to Ride for Bike Month

We invited the cities across San Mateo and Santa Clara counties to a friendly competition. No trash-talking. No humble-bragging. Well, maybe just a bit.

The challenge: Which among you will sign up the most people to pledge to ride at least once during the region’s Bike to Wherever Days, May 18-20. We’ve asked community leaders in each city to step up and promote the cause. The city with the greatest proportion to pledge takes the prestigious Silicon Valley Cities Pedal Power Challenge award.

Give your town a boost. Your pledge is free. Pledge to Ride!

Best,

Anthony Montes | he/him/his

Community Organizer | 408-694-8848

LCI # 7,038

Twitter @bikeSV | Instagram @bikesiliconvalley

Anthony Montes

May 17, 2023, 9:01:38 PM5/17/23
to SVBC Mountain View Team, Bruce England
Tomorrow is Bike to Work Day, Friends!

Thank you to those who are volunteering at our energizer stations all over town. I wanted to make sure you had everything you needed to make the most of this weeked, so check out the links below.

ONE MORE THING. We need folks at 6:30 a.m. Thursday at the Mountain View Caltrain Station. NBC local news will be doing a live shot of the station for Bike to Wherever Days and we would love to have a good showing. Please email @Bruce England if you are interested in dropping by early tomorrow.

As always, check out the events calendar, and sign up for our e-bulletin to receive the latest.

Find Mountain View's Energizer Stations

Say hello 👋 to fellow local team members and grab your BTWD swag at an energizer station near (or far) from you.

You can find a map of all the stations in your area here

Attend the Bike Bash in Palo Alto

Come as you are and enjoy food, beverages and merriment with your fellow bike commuters at the Palo Alto location. Our team of bike parking professionals will be on-site providing FREE bicycle valet service there!

Complimentary food and non-alcoholic beverages are sponsored by Stanford Research Park. Beer and wine available for purchase from Coupa Café at happy hour pricing.

The Bike Bash party is open to any SVBC supporter — a donor during the past year or a member. If you are not yet a supporter, no worries, please donate using the ticket for non members. Register here

Mountain View Active Transportation Plan (FEEDBACK)

The city of Mountain View is updating its active transportation plan and they just opened their survey to kick off the planning process.

This will be an important project for the local team in the coming months so please help the wonderful planners in the city by completing their survey here

Nominate your favorite Professional, Project and Program for Summit awards 2023

Are you aware of outstanding individuals, programs, or projects that have made significant contributions to creating safer streets in their communities? Have you come across a program or initiative that has improved cycling experiences in your neighborhood, making it more comfortable and enjoyable? I

If your answer is yes, please put in your nominations for Summit awards 2023 before May 31 Read more here.

Bike Summit Registrations are Now Open

SVBC is excited to announce that the Silicon Valley Bike Summit Registrations are Now Open! The Bike Summit will be held on Thursday, August 24th at the City of Mountain View Community Center. Register today to connect with insights and expertise at Silicon Valley’s largest gathering of active transportation leaders and organizers from government, the private sector, non-profits, and the general public. This is THE most information rich event of the year for bicycle professionals, elected and appointed officials, and citizen advocates in and around Silicon Valley.

Register here.