Bernardo Avenue Undercrossing community meeting on 2/2

Bruce England

Dec 24, 2022, 3:18:00 PM12/24/22
to SVBC Mountain View Team

Hello all:

From the City of Sunnyvale

The Bernardo Avenue Undercrossing project will provide a separated pedestrian and bicycle pathway. This pathway will connect north and south Bernardo Avenue. The crossing will go beneath the Caltrain railroad tracks and Central Expressway. The three agencies that will lead the project are the City of Sunnyvale, the City of Mountain View and VTA.

Contact
Angela Obeso
Principal Transportation Engineer
408-730-7557
Progress

We developed four preliminary conceptual design alternatives. We showed these to the community in late 2020. We refined these alternatives based on community feedback.

We will present the current two project alternatives in a series of public meetings in early 2023. City Council will select a preferred alternative for the environmental clearance phase. The environmental clearance phase refers to the documentation review process for CEQA clearance. For the preliminary conceptual designs that were presented in Dec. 2020, see Documents.

Community Meeting
When: Thursday, Feb. 2, 6 p.m.
Where:
Join on Zoom
Call In: 833-548-0276 | Meeting ID: 852 9951 6997
Watch on YouTube

Cheers,
Bruce

Anthony Montes

Dec 27, 2022, 1:32:44 PM12/27/22
to Bruce England, SVBC Mountain View Team
Thanks for sharing, Bruce!

I wanted to add that Rep. Eshoo secured $2.5 million in the omnibus package for the Bernardo undercrossing project. You can read more about the other items she secured, including Caltrain grade separation funding in SC County, here

If you'd like to thank Rep. Eshoo, you can do so using her email tool here. We always encourage positive reinforcement to our representatives!

Best,

Anthony Montes | he/him/his

Community Organizer | 408-694-8848

Twitter @bikeSV | Instagram @bikesiliconvalley

--
Topics posted to this list are visible to the public.
---

Bruce England

Dec 28, 2022, 4:52:31 PM12/28/22
to Eric Armstrong, Anthony Montes, SVBC Mountain View Team

On Wed, Dec 28, 2022 at 12:29 PM Eric Armstrong <er...@meditatebetter.com> wrote:
Thanks for the info, guys. And for the contact link to say thanks.
I just a note. And a question. Here it is:
--------------------------------------
Anthony Montes sent a link to the members of the Silicon Valley Bicycle Coalition that describes
the projects you were able to secure funding for, for pedal & pedestrian train undercrossings,
bike lanes, and a Hwy 17 overcrossing to connect paths on either side. All good things!

One question, though. What's a railway "grade separation"? (I have no doubt it's also
a good thing, and am happy to see two in Mountain View. But I'm curious... :__)

(I figured it couldn't hurt to give you guys a plug, as well. :__)

eric
Breathe. Activate. Meditate. Connect.
fitness + meditation - actual size - thumbnail closeup.jpg
Eric Armstrong
MeditateBetter.comBench Yoga book
Meditation & Internal Energy articles
Blog:
Medium.com
Instagram: MeditateBetterFacebook: BetterMeditation
Yoga Meditation Bench for meditative yoga & "Instant Alignment"