El Camino Bike Ride this Saturday July 16th, 9:30-12 pm

1 view

Ari Feinsmith

Jul 14, 2022, 12:58:02 AMJul 14
to SVBC Santa Clara Local Team, SVBC Sunnyvale Team, SVBC Mtn View Local Team Group
Hi all,

This Saturday, July 16th from 9:30-12 pm we are having the 2nd annual SVBC group bike ride on El Camino Real.  Click here to sign-up.

Our goal is to raise awareness that we need continuous protected bike lanes installed on El Camino Real ASAP. We are also celebrating the wins we achieved with the recently approved El Camino Real Specific Plan in Sunnyvale.

The 10-mile ride will begin at Plaza Del Sol in Downtown Sunnyvale (directly across from the Caltrain Station). Arrive between 9:30 - 10:00 AM. We will roll at 10:00 AM. For those coming by Caltrain, the southbound train arrives at the Sunnyvale Caltrain station at 9:51 and the northbound train arrives at 9:28.

This ride is open to all ages, but children under 12 must sit on the same bike structure as an adult 18 and over (e.g. bike seat, tandem bike, trail-a-bike, bike trailer). As a group, we will form a "bicycle bus" so we will be visible to drivers. We will take over the rightmost traffic lane so drivers will change lanes to pass us. SVBC ride leaders will flank the group to keep everyone safe and together. We will ride at a casual pace.

-Ari