Biketivist Forum event this week!...

Bruce England

Jan 17, 2022, 5:29:55 PM1/17/22
to SVBC Mountain View Team
Hello, all:
As always, having a good showing and level of participation from us at these is essential. Please do what you can to attend, and spread the word to others as needed.
This meeting will have a major focus on reviewing what we did in 2021 and planning for 2022, so it's particularly important.
Councilmember Hicks is lined up to join us, but I'm asking her if we can delay until February as we're going to have a full plate as it is this at this meeting.
Brandon Whyte will be with us, however.
Finally, I've modified the agenda file to put a lot of items under "Other items of interest; please read offline to be sure you’re up to date with what’s new". We just have too much each time than we can reasonably address, so this will help with time management. However, please do be sure to have a look at this material when you can each month
Any questions/comments?
Cheers,
Bruce

Terry Barton

Jan 18, 2022, 12:11:09 PM1/18/22
to Bruce England, SVBC Mountain View Team
Since nothing happens without council support, the 2022 election is key to continuing progress on making Mountain View streets and trails more attractive for biking and all the benefits it brings.

I'd like to see if we can sponsor a nonpartisan candidate forum focused on active transportation.  Palo Alto biktivist team conducted one in 2020 that went really well.  Using Zoom made it easy to attend and attracted a wider audience.  With a fully virtual event, you also eliminate all the logistics of getting a facility to host the event.

A candidate forum which requires candidates to answer specific questions about their plans and positions is great way to make sure the public can vote for the candidates most aligned with voter desires and rather than just choosing based on a flashy flier spouting a few platitudes.

A forum also raises the profile of SVBC as an important community group.

It would be good to know if there is sufficient interest in hosting a candidate forum so planning begins.

Terry

--
Topics posted to this list are visible to the public.
---

Bruce England

Jan 18, 2022, 2:18:37 PM1/18/22
to Terry Barton, SVBC Mountain View Team
Thanks, Terry, for the great suggestion! I'll add it our notes for Wednesday's meeting.
Cheers,
Bruce