Fwd: Bike Ride MV! - November 19, 10 AM

1 view

Bruce England

Nov 4, 2022, 10:11:25 PM11/4/22
to SVBC Mountain View Team

On Fri, Nov 4, 2022 at 6:06 PM Whyte, Brandon <Brando...@mountainview.gov> wrote:

All,

I wanted to invite you to our upcoming bike ride on the 19th of November to support the Day Worker Center of Mountain View. I will lead the ride at a slow, all-ages and abilities pace.

The ride is a fundraiser (free to ride) for the Day Worker Center of MV. Please click here to learn more about them and the good work they do.

We hope ride participants can donate goods or gift cards to provide support. See the attached for a list of items they are looking for, but some easier items to bring might include winter gloves, canned goods (cargo bikes welcome!), toothbrushes and paste, or simple gift cards would go a long way (local grocery stores, gas, hardware stores, or restaurants).

I will be biking with my bike trailer loaded down with donations and one 4-year-old young man – the ride will be 5.8 miles, slow, and family-friendly!

The ride will meet at the Day Worker Center in MV (113 Escuela Ave, Mountain View, CA 94040) at 10 AM. If you need to drive, there is street parking and parking in Rengstorff Park. We will donate at the beginning of the ride, so you don’t have to carry anything too long (again, gift cards might be a great way to go!)

The ride will utilize trails, protected bike lanes, and quiet local streets almost the entire time. I will stop a few places to tell you about upcoming projects. There will be short sections on Grant (by Cuesta Park), Cuesta, and Castro south of California. The actual route can be viewed here: https://www.plotaroute.com/route/2079668. The route length is approximately 5.8 miles.

The ride will end on Castro for lunch if you’d like to hang out and be social.

My hope for the ride is to help a lot of folks and embody the Thanksgiving spirit of food, friends, and community.

RECAP:

Thank you all for being you, and Happy Thanksgiving!

P.S. Please forward this to your friends and community. I’ve included an attached calendar invite, Google Calendar invite, and a Facebook/MeetUp event will be created on Monday.

City of Mountain View Logo

Brandon Whyte

Active Transportation Planner
Public Works Department

650-903-6311 | MountainView.gov

Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | AskMV