Re: [Mountain View] Digest for mountainview@bikesiliconvalley.org - 1 update in 1 topic

Pat Showalter

Dec 12, 2021, 4:57:34 PM12/12/21
to mounta...@bikesiliconvalley.org
Hi Shiloh,
The community ride yesterday was a big success.  Over 40 of us braved the cold to learn about the Sea Level Rise
Protections and Habitat Restoration that is planned along the edge of Mountain View.  The ride was led by Lenny Siegel.
We had some very knowledgeable people along to explain what we were seeing.  Raymond Wong of the City of Mountain
View who has led the technical effort on SLR protection; Dave Halsing, the Executive Director of the South Bay Salt Pond
Program; John Marchand, Community Services (Parks) for the City of Mountain View and Karine Tokatlian of Mid-Peninsula
Regional Open Space District.  I shared information about the Bay Trail and recycled water.

Pat Showalter

On Sat, Dec 11, 2021 at 5:13 AM <mounta...@bikesiliconvalley.org> wrote:
Bruce England <bken...@gmail.com>: Dec 10 05:00PM -0800

Anything you can think of beyond this starting list?
- Issued comment letter to Mountain View City Council in May defining goals
we would like them to consider
- Organized and participated in community rides, all at least sponsored by
SVBC
- Provided and staffed stations for the Bike to Anywhere event
- Engaged with City of Mountain View staff and councilmembers
- Engaged with community groups such at Mountain View Coalition for
Sustainable Planning (MVCSP), GreenSpacesMV, and the regional Green Streets
Team
- Engaged with the Sunnyvale and Palo Alto teams
- Tracked relevant plans through the City of Mountain View, in particular
those focussed on active transportation goals
- Attended all City of Mountain View B/PAC meetings
Thanks!
Bruce