Important meetings and announcements week of May 7th

1 view

Bruce England

May 9, 2023, 4:41:47 PM5/9/23
to SVBC Mountain View Team
Notices
  • Mountain View Coalition for Sustainable Planning (MVCSP) general meeting this week:
    See "Meetings and events this week" for details.
  • Comment letters in development for this week:
    With so much going on this week, we could be generating some letters, and verbal comments anticipated for some of the agenda items listed below as red text as applicable. If you have comments/suggestions for any of those, please share them by replying to this email and/or posting to related channels in Slack here, especially #active-transportation.
  • May 13th Silicon Valley Bicycle Coalition Mountain View community bike ride:
    From Brandon Whyte:
    I am sending you a quick invite to the Saturday, May 13th, bike ride. We’ll meet at the MV Transit Center (600 W. Evelyn Avenue – click the link for the exact meeting location within the station) at 10 AM and leave for our bike ride. This month, we’ll be riding a crowd-sourced route to help provide input to our consultant working on the Active Transportation Plan. By crowd-sourced, I mean the stops and roads used to connect the route were mostly all suggested by you, the resident.
    This will be a 16-mile ride through some of the more stressful parts of the City. The ride will be slow with a lot of stops, but it is not meant to be relaxing. The purpose of the ride is to show and photograph the issues as pointed out by you all to the consultant so that she and I can work to address them via the Active Transportation Plan. To see the exact route, click below.
    Ride Route: https://www.plotaroute.com/route/2240343?units=miles
    Please consider riding with us if you can. It will be very important for the consultant (her name is Tracy) to hear from you directly. But if you can’t make it, as always, let me know (via email) what we can do to make Mountain View even better.
    P.S. I have attached an Outlook Calendar invite and a Google Calendar invite here.
    P.P.S. We usually get lunch afterward if you are interested!
  • Please sign up for SVBC Bike to Wherever Days tabling and related activities:
    The tabling schedule tracking document is here. Note that we still have some slots where Ria Lo is flying solo. Please consider signing up to help her out during those hours.
    From Tim Oey re bag stuffing:
    Bag stuffing specifically sign up is at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/586154292267/ and we need a lot more people to sign up still.
    A collection of all the key BTWD events is at https://www.eventbrite.com/cc/bike-to-wherever-day-events-2142989
    Pledge to Ride for BTWD May 18,19,20 and win prizes!
  • Los Altos Bike and Dine event coming up:
    Downtown Los Altos Bike & Dine, May 19th 4–8pm, Veterans Community Plaza. Bike valet, music, activities, and local restaurant specials. https://www.eventbrite.com/e/downtown-los-altos-bike-dine-tickets-617270110517
Continued Notices
  • The City still doesn't fully have a public-facing hybrid meeting process in place 😢:
    For example, the Parks and Recreation Commission, Public Safety Advisory Board, Senior Advisory Committee, and Youth Advisory Committee, and the DRC and Administrative Zoning hearings have not been doing this so far.
    If you care about this, please contact City Council to urge them to expedite the solution. Adequate public access is being compromised through this until it's fixed.
    Similarly, you can sign this petition to tell the county to reinstate virtual public comment.
    What the City is saying on delays to public-facing hybrid meetings:
    Thank you for your inquiry regarding hybrid public meetings. This email was forwarded to me for a response on behalf of the City Council. The Council is blind copied on this response.
    Meetings of the City Council and the Environmental Planning Commission are currently accessible in person, on Zoom, and on the City’s YouTube page. Additionally, meetings of the Rental Housing Committee will also be accessible in person or on Zoom beginning with the Committee’s next meeting on March 27. Members of the public who wish to participate in these meetings can choose between attending and commenting in person or via Zoom.
    The City is committed to community engagement, including enhanced access to public meetings, and recognizes the importance of remote participation options to our community. City staff is working on enabling remote public participation at Council subcommittee meetings and all other Council Advisory Body meetings. This includes upgrading meeting rooms, identifying and assigning additional staff members to attend advisory body meetings to manage the expanded tasks associated with supporting both in-person and remote meeting elements,  writing policies and procedures, and training staff to ensure consistent and effective meetings.
    Recent upgrades at City Hall will allow us to begin piloting remote public participation for in-person meetings next month with a small number of meeting bodies in which community members have expressed particular interest for a hybrid option. Staff is continuing work on upgrading meeting rooms throughout the City, though this work is taking longer than expected due to delayed receipt of equipment orders and a need to integrate the new technology with existing AV systems and room configurations.
    Staff will be testing the technology and building capacity to run meetings that support meaningful and organized participation for in-person and virtual attendees to pave the way for the increased adoption of remote participation through June and widespread adoption in Fall 2023, following the summer hiatus. This phased approach is intended to minimize technological errors, facilitate consistency between meeting bodies, and ensure sufficient staffing and staff training for effective hybrid public meetings.
  • Bernardo Undercrossing upcoming public meetings:
    image.png
Meetings and events this week