Please consider commenting on Redistricting today (last day, apparently)...

Bruce England

Dec 20, 2021, 2:54:27 PM12/20/21
to Tracy Chu, Safe Mountain View, Balanced Mountain View, Green Sanctuary, GreenSpacesMV, Mountain View, GreatSt...@googlegroups.com, Carbon Free MV
After I commented online myself, I also spoke at the public meeting on the 17th, saying this (leaving out the intro and closing here), which is why I'm hoping for more of us to weigh in today (and see more from Sally Lieber below):
I'm concerned that Mountain View would be separated from Sunnyvale and Cupertino per current plans. For transportation, land use, and other purposes, there is a tremendous amount of synergy across these cities that would be lost or compromised. From a larger perspective, Mountain View collaborates regularly with these cities along with Palo Alto and Los Altos. Multiple examples of this exist as active transportation and transit options are considered or developed across our region, and how jobs and housing development are best considered. Accordingly, having single points of representation for us is the ideal.
Thanks!
Bruce

Dec 20, 2021, 5:30:24 PM12/20/21
to Tracy Chu, Safe Mountain View, Balanced Mountain View, Green Sanctuary, GreenSpacesMV, Mountain View, GreatSt...@googlegroups.com, Carbon Free MV
Update from Sally:
I confirmed with the commission today that the deadline for comments is the 27th, but the sooner the better, as the commission is drawing lines right now. They couldn't tell me which day they would take up our area.
Keeping Mtn View and Sunnyvale together as Bayside, El Camino transit cities is the highest priority. Cupertino collaborates mostly with cities that are more oriented toward issues dealing with the length of Hwy 85, but not Bay funding, Moffett, etc.