[SVBC general] Induced demand goes mainstream

Kevin Wang

Jan 14, 2023, 7:12:02 PM1/14/23
to SVBC general
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/01/06/us/widen-highways-traffic.html
"""Widening Highways Doesn’t Fix Traffic. So Why Do We Keep Doing It?
With billions of dollars available to improve transportation infrastructure, states have a chance to try new strategies for addressing congestion. But some habits are hard to break."""

I don't know what mainstream means aside from being in the New York Times! This gives us a huge boost to have a reputable source to quote.

   - Kevin

Eric Armstrong

Jan 18, 2023, 2:31:27 AM1/18/23
to Kevin Wang, svbc...@bikesiliconvalley.org
Nice! Thanks for the link.
It's great to see that observation becoming more widely known.

The other one we should pass on is a link to the Not Just Bikes
video that talks about how great the driving is in Holland--because
so many people are on bikes!

eric
Breathe. Activate. Meditate. Connect.
fitness + meditation - actual size - thumbnail closeup.jpg
Eric Armstrong
MeditateBetter.comBench Yoga book
Meditation & Internal Energy articles
Blog:
Medium.com
Instagram: MeditateBetterFacebook: BetterMeditation
Yoga Meditation Bench for meditative yoga & "Instant Alignment"
--
Topics posted to this list are visible to the public.
---