It's Time to Show Up...

1 view

Anthony Montes

Oct 27, 2022, 10:51:40 PM10/27/22
to SVBC Mountain View Team

Mountain View Local Team,

Our “Safe Streets Save Lives” demonstration in Sunnyvale is gaining attention from local media, elected officials, and advocates across the Bay Area. You can watch the latest coverage of the ride on CBS Bay Area here.

Please join us for a day of remembering and organizing in honor of lives lost to traffic violence in Sunnyvale, the South Bay, and beyond. We must show leaders in Silicon Valley that we are a force on spokes!

Background:

The last month has been particularly rough for the residents of the City of Sunnyvale. The City has seen four fatalities and many more injured - all in a span of just a few weeks! These traumatic incidents of "traffic violence" are devastating families.

What can we do? - Let's push our leaders to make the streets safer TODAY! Let's push our leaders to prioritize these improvements NOW! Let's show our City staff and Councils that we care and that we will not sit idle waiting for more people to get killed on our streets.

On October 30th, we are urging the community to show-up in honor of the lives lost and to urge the decision makers to prioritize safe streets. We will meet at Plaza del Sol at 10 AM. We will walk to the destinations where the recent fatalities happened and ride through some dangerous streets in the City.

Register here!

How you can help:

  • Tell us you’re coming to our action on Eventbrite

  • Think of people you know who have been harmed by traffic violence. Please inform them of this event and invite them to join.

  • Use hashtag #SafeStreetsSaveLives

  • Share widely in your networks (email, social media or any other channels).

Best,

Anthony Montes | he/him/his

Community Organizer | 408-694-8848

Twitter @bikeSV | Instagram @bikesiliconvalley