Fwd: BPAC Meeting and Ride

Bruce England

Aug 5, 2022, 3:56:10 PM8/5/22
to SVBC Mountain View Team
---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Whyte, Brandon <Brando...@mountainview.gov>
Date: Fri, Aug 5, 2022 at 12:45 PM

All,

I just wanted to give everyone an early heads up that the next BPAC meeting with be Monday, August 22nd at 6:15 PM. This means we will not have our normal Wednesday, August 31st, BPAC meeting. We will join the City of San Jose for a joint BPAC meeting on the 22nd.

We’ll be talking about:

  • AB-43 (speed reduction legislation passed last year)
  • General legislative priorities for the two communities
  • Vision Zero efforts between the two communities

Lastly, I just wanted to share with you information about tomorrow’s ride. It should be fun! See below.

Please join Balanced Mountain View and others for our “Middlefield and Beyond” group bike ride this Saturday, August 6, at 10:00 am. We will gather at the Mountain View Caltrain parking lot at Evelyn and View.

We will learn from city staff about the proposed bike-lane improvements on Middlefield and plans for the bike-ped underpass at Bernardo and Central Expressway/Caltrain. We will also introduce Pyramid Park, a new city park nearing completion.

See https://www.plotaroute.com/route/1965179 for the tentative route.

Have a great weekend,

City of Mountain View Logo

Brandon Whyte

Active Transportation Planner
Public Works Department

650-903-6311 | MountainView.gov

Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | AskMV