Weekly Round up for Mt. View Local Team

Anthony Montes

Jul 15, 2022, 2:35:42 PM7/15/22
to mounta...@bikesiliconvalley.org, anthonya...@gmail.com
Hello Beautiful Bike Friends,

Our summer programming is in full swing and I encourage you to join us for a ride, meeting, or at one of our events to connect with your fellow biketivists!

Mt View Local Team Action Items

With the front half of 2022 in the books, we'd like to narrow down our scope for the remainder of the year and select a handful of items from the Mt. View Work Plan to prioritize.

Please write your name next to 5-7 projects you think we should prioritize on our work plan here. As always, feedback and questions are welcomed!

Biketivist Forum

July 20th at 5 p.m. - Biketivist Form

SVBC's Executive Director Shilloh Ballard will be presenting the newly adopted Strategic Plan. Learn about SVBC's vision for the future, our theory of change, and how we plan to make biking the most obvious and attractive form of transportation in the Bay Area.

Early Bird Prices for Bike Summit End Today

Today is the last day to snag your early bird price of $40 for the SVBC Bike Summit 2022. Don't wait until the last minute to register!

Get your tickets Here NOW!

Upcoming Rides

July 16 at 9:30 a.m. - El Camino Real Bike Ride in Sunnyvale and Santa Clara

Join Bike Sunnyvale for the 2nd annual SVBC group bike ride on El Camino Real through Sunnyvale and Santa Clara.

All ages, abilities, and speeds are welcome. Register here today!

July 23 at 11 a.m. - Los Altos Mt.View Local Team Ride

Join the Mountain View local team on its expansion into advocacy in Los Altos through this 6-mile ride.This is a great opportunity to learn about the Mountain View local team and what can be done to further improve bicycle infrastructure along the way. Plus, we’ll be visiting plenty of paseos so you’ll know how to get around Los Altos during your next adventure easily.

All ages, abilities, and speeds are welcome. Register here today!

Classes and Volunteering

Are you a Red Hot Chilli Peppers fan? Because we have a RED HOT opportunity for YOU to spread the mighty word of the Bike Movement!

We are looking for volunteers to serve as Bike Ambassadors during bike parking events at Levi Stadium. All you have to do is share the great work you, your local team, and SVBC does to make streets safer for our communities.

Please let me know if you're interested/have questions or you can register to volunteer for the Red Hot Chilli Peppers Concert on July 29th here

July 22, 2022 - VTA and SVBC Smart Cycling Part 1

This is one of the most comprehensive bike classes being taught right now in the United States and it is absolutely free! This 3-hour online classroom session will cover basic and advanced bicycle riding techniques.

Register here

Best,

Anthony Montes | he/him/his

Community Organizer | 408-694-8848

Twitter @bikeSV | Instagram @bikesiliconvalley

Bruce England

Anthony Montes

Jul 20, 2022, 6:21:16 PM7/20/22
to SVBC Mountain View Team, Bruce England
I also want to remind folks to look over the Mt. View Local Team campaign spreadsheet here and write your name next to 10-12 projects you think should be prioritized on our work plan.

You should add your name to projects that 1) you care about and 2) will play a part in moving forward. These campaigns will also be featured on the MT. View  local team web page on SVBC's website.

Please let me know if you have any questions. See you all this afternoon!

--
Topics posted to this list are visible to the public.
---

Mary Dateo

Jul 20, 2022, 10:01:15 PM7/20/22
to mounta...@bikesiliconvalley.org
During the Biketivist forum today, we discussed physical separation of bike lanes via concrete or bumpers.

Here's an example of concrete with occasional bumpers, courtesy of Google Maps, on McClellan Rd in Cupertino; not sure if these bumpers are flexible or fixed.

- Mary