🚲Mountain View Local Team Round Up 🚲

1 view

Anthony Montes

Oct 17, 2022, 4:45:41 PM10/17/22
to SVBC Mountain View Team

Happy Monday Mountain View Local Team!

Looking forward to meeting on Wednesday during the Biketivist Forum breakout sessions. We also have an action planned in solidarity with our fellow advocates in Sunnyvale, which has experienced several fatal instances of traffic violence in a few weeks. We would love for the Mountain View Local Team to support the Sunnyvale team and its ride at the end of October ✊. More details below!

Also, don’t forget to check out the events calendar to plan your next ride or volunteer opportunity!

Biketivist Forum - Wednesday, October 19, 2022 at 5 p.m.

This month's biketivist forum will be about Safe Routes to School!

SVBC will be hosting a forum on various SRTS efforts happening in San Mateo (SMC) and Santa Clara County (SCC) to make sure kids feel safe on their trip to school.

Sign up here for the October 19 Biketivist Forum.

Advocacy Training  - Wednesday, October 26, 2022 at 5 p.m.

New to the advocacy space? Don’t know how or where to start? No worries! SVBC has advocacy training that will help you get started on your next campaign.

Sign up here today.

Protest Ride in Sunnyvale - Sunday, October 30, 2022 at 11 a.m.

The City of Sunnyvale alone has seen four fatalities and many more injured - all in a span of just a few weeks. We are disappointed in the lack of focus on preventing future tragedies from the city council of Sunnyvale and will ride the streets to push the city leaders to make changes TODAY!

We're asking all local team members to join the SVBC and Bike Sunnyvale in a show of solidarity and to bring as many friends as possible. The more riders, the bigger the statement!

Sign up here today.

More Events

SVBC and Valley Water invite you to Ride Out the Drought - Oct. 15-Nov. 12, 2022

Santa Clara County is in a severe drought, and we all need to do our part. One thing you can do is learn more about the county's water systems and how they work to bring us this precious resource. Join us for Ride Out the Drought (#ROtD), a free, month-long program that combines the joys and benefits of riding bikes with learning about the water system.

It's simple! Choose a route from the list of rides provided in the Ride with GPS Ride Out the Drought challenge and follow them when it's convenient for you. Ride with GPS includes directions and information about the points of interest we've called out to help you learn about the water system.

Ride to win! Record your ride in Ride with GPS and post to social media to get more chances to win in the weekly raffle. Those who ride the most miles can earn special grand prizes.

Register here to receive updates about Ride Out the Drought and instructions on how to use Ride with GPS.

Carnegie Library Bay Wheels Workshop - Saturday October 22, 2022 at 1 p.m.

Sharks game? New restaurant day? Quick grocery run? Bay Wheels Bike Share has your back! Using bike share instead of driving will save you cash for life's other necessities. Come to hang out at Carnegie Library and learn about the Bay Wheels bike share system.

Register here for the workshop!

City of Mountain View Bike Circus - Saturday, October 29, 10am–2pm

This year’s Monster Bash will feature a bike circus at Rengstorff Park Basketball Court

Bring your bicycles to the event for:

  • Fun bike safety training for children.
  • Free bike repairs valued at more than $100 (to be provided on a first-come first-served basis).
  • Helmet and bike checks.
  • Riding our scary fun bicycle course!

No bike? No problem! Attendees can also practice their safe walking skills at the bike circus.

Best,

Anthony Montes | he/him/his

Community Organizer | 408-694-8848

Twitter @bikeSV | Instagram @bikesiliconvalley

Anthony Montes

Oct 23, 2022, 11:32:12 PM10/23/22
to SVBC Mountain View Team

Hello Beautiful Bike Friends!

Big thank you to those who attended our forum and joined the Mountain View Local Team to discuss the latest.

If you missed the meeting, no worries. You can review the agenda and minutes here. We also have great information on upcoming rides, events, and city council and committee meetings this week.

Please reach out if you have any questions or are interested in becoming more involved!

Advocacy Training  - October 26, 2022 at 5 p.m.

New to the advocacy space? Don’t know how or where to start? No worries! SVBC has advocacy training that will help you get started on your next campaign.

Sign up here today!

Protest Ride in Sunnyvale - Sunday, October 30, 2022 at 11 a.m.

The City of Sunnyvale alone has seen four fatalities and many more injured - all in a span of just a few weeks. We are disappointed in the lack of focus on preventing future tragedies from the city council of Sunnyvale and will ride the streets to push the city leaders to make changes TODAY!

We would love for the Mountain View Local Team to support the Sunnyvale team and its ride at the end of October. ✊

Sign up here today.

Mountain View Meetings This week

Mountain View BPAC - Wednesday, October 26 at 6:30 p.m.

Click here to join via ZOOM, and you can review the agenda packet here

Agenda Items:

  • Item 4.1 – Approve the BPAC Meeting Minutes of September 28, 2022

  • Item 6.1 – Active Transportation Collision and Bicycle Theft Report

  • Item 6.2 – Personal Delivery Device Pilot Program Update

  • Item 6.3 – Pavement Management Plan

  • Item 6.4 – Transportation Policy and Legislative Updates

  • Item 6.5 – BPAC Fiscal Year 2022-23 Work Plan

  • Item 6.6 -  Santa Clara Valley Transportation Agency (VTA) Bicycle & Pedestrian Advisory Committee (BPAC) Update

Mountain View City Council Meeting - Tuesday, October 25 at 6 p.m.

Click here to join via ZOOM, and you can review the agenda packet here

Notable Agenda Items:

And More

[...]

Safe Routes Partnership Virtual Summit - November 15-17

If you enjoyed our discussion about Safe Routes to School, I wanted to flag Safe Routes Partnership’s virtual summit in November.

You can learn more and register for the summit using this link here.