Tandem Traveler XL Q for sale

Rory C

Apr 2, 2023, 2:53:06 PM4/2/23
to Bike Friday Yak!
Would prefer to sell locally, but might consider shipping. Here's the ad:

Rory C

Apr 6, 2023, 1:50:31 PM4/6/23
to Bike Friday Yak!, Rory C
I woud like to add, that I'm selling this to hope to finance an all packa or diamond/pocket  llama. If you have that in a size large and are interested in trading, let me know!

Rory C

May 3, 2024, 12:36:36 PMMay 3
to Bike Friday Yak!, Rory C
Hey everyone, I'm listing this again, but with a note about the replacement of the stoker's seat mast:
Bike Friday Tandem Traveler XL "Q" - bicycles - by owner - bike sale - craigslist
This Bike Friday Tandem is something special, since not only is it a tandem, it can transform into a single. If you're looking for a mini velo, a travel bike, and a tandem, this is one bike that can do all those things!

I acquired the tandem used in 2020, and have had Bike Friday do some modifications on it. The tandem came to me with 451 wheels, with skinny tires. I had Bike Friday build a fork and add adjustable dropouts on the back to facilitate 406 tires, allowing for fatter tires and an Alfine 11 or Rohloff be used in the rear(the dropout allows for the oem style rohloff hub).

I had previously posted this, however, a interested party noticed the stoker extension looked to have an odd angle. I checked, and sure enough, it was bent. I bought a replacement from Bike Friday, and all is good.

The bike has the following Parts:
Brakes: TRP Spyres
Brake Levers: Microshift Brifters for Alfine 11
Front Wheel: Deore hub/Cr-18, 32 spoke build
Rear Wheel: Alfine 11/Cr-18 32 spoke build
Crankset / BB: Ultegra 6500
Headet: Chris King

The captain position is considered a size large, measures 56cm reach (ctr head tube to ctr seat tube), 58cm ctr bb to top of seat tube, and fits me well at 6'. The rear is extremely adjustable, and could fit kids as well as adults. I asked Bike Friday about the weight limit of the tandem, and was told it's 440 pounds.

The original parts are included, which are a 451 wheelset with the sram dualdrive hub. It also has the 2 samsonite suitcases for traveling.