A decent price on an interesting Maxxis tire

John Thurston

May 20, 2024, 12:45:54 PMMay 20
to y...@bikefriday.com

Planet Cyclery is shutting down, and I noticed they had a few 406mm tires. One caught my eye, and I be buying some if I didn't already have a lot of extra rubber on the shelf.

It's the Maxxis Relix. It's a 44mm wide tire, 120TPI, foldable, and 330-360g (depending on who you believe). https://shop.maxxis.com/products/relix

They're available for a lousy $12 each right now:

https://planetcyclery.com/components/wheels-tires-tubes/tires/maxxis-relix-tire-20-x-1-75-folding-120tpi-silk-worm-black

I've never ridden them. I don't own any. I probably won't own any. But if I didn't have extra rubber sitting on my shelf, I'd totally be snagging a few of these. The specs look good, and for $12 . .

--
John Thurston
Juneau, Alaska

Ryan Nute

May 20, 2024, 3:48:50 PMMay 20
to Bike Friday Yak!, John Thurston
Now they have two less in stock.  :)  These will go nicely on my Moulton APB.

Ryan