Re: [yak] Diamond Llama BB and Crank ?

Geof Gee

Jul 2, 2024, 9:38:01 PM (2 days ago) Jul 2
to Paul S, Bike Friday Yak!
Isn't there a spacer for the external BB? Memory says you can swap the space from one side to the other to clean up the chain line.

-G

On Sun, Apr 7, 2024 at 10:14 AM Paul S <emai...@gmail.com> wrote:
For those who swapped out their square taper crankset and BB with an external BB, I am wondering how yours turned out.  I just did this and I'm not sure it was the right move.  I contacted BF first and told that it would fine and to make sure I use a road 68mm BB which I did.  But now the crankset is 4-5mm inwards compared to the old set up.  It dawned on me that the 135mm hub combined with the road bb would account for some of this inward bias.  I don't hammer the higher gears so maybe this will work but wondering if others found the same thing or a workaround.  Thanks, and pardon the long question.

--
another great conversation from the Bike Friday Yak!
---

"Sometimes I forget things.  Who I am.  Where I am.  Unimportant things. But I'm not insane. "