For Sale: Restored Bike Friday tikit Model T $1750

David Dillard

Apr 11, 2024, 2:51:34 PMApr 11
to Bike Friday Yak!
Greetings yakfolk--

I'm continuing the downsizing of my stable of Bike Friday projects with a sale of a bike Friday tikit model T with modular dropouts.  It has a fresh Dupont Imron paint job from Jack Trumbull at Franklin Frames in Newark Ohio and a decal set from Bike Friday.

This is one of the later tikits produced, evidenced by the seatmast/handle/aardvark.  The Model T (twiddly knob) or 'impulse fold' as it was also called is a touch slower to fold than the hyperfold, but it's more stable.

This model has the modular dropout option which makes it possible to switch out your dropouts in the rear.  It's currently set up for a derailleur, but I had it set up both as a fixed gear and freewheel Sturmey Archer 3 speed. (that was fun)  I still have that wheelset if anyone is interested.  I will include the dropouts for IGH/single/fixed uses.  I also have a double sided front rack and an extra showercap available for purchase.

Chris King headset, Paul thumbshifter pod, Shimano shifter, Microshift rear derailleur, Schwalbe Marathons, Ergon grips, front and rear racks. 'showercap' privacy cover, Planet Bike fenders, Avid brakes and levers, Civia Bars, Kalloy Uno post, Specialized saddle, no pedals.

I can ship just about anywhere in the US.

Photos here:

Bike Friday Tikit

Thanks,

David Dillard